itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[Suggestion] WIKI section?!

That said, a stickied collective Wiki thread with links to the wikias for the old shows would be appreciated.

1 Like

done! need a little assistance with formatting, though… cant center the content for starters…

pinned and made a wiki

Is there a way to make the image links centered?

maybe with HTML? I will have to look that up
Edit: I did the first one.

Alright this is a lot more relevant now. There’s a lot of wiki posts around now and they’re pretty awesome.
At first I thought it would simply be to create one in RollPlay General but then the RollPlay Courts of Swords appeared and that does fit better in that category. So what would be the best way to solve this? Move them all to one place? Move the RollPlay General to one place and keep the CoS one where it is?

it would be cool to have one new place that grabs everything with a wiki tag, but keep them where they are?!

like multiple parent categories for a new category? the general & archive one has bop & fanart child categories, but the other way around?!

Don’t think leaving traces/breadcrumbs is possible.

Right now I have it set as “RollPlay: Wiki”. Every RollPlay or role playing wiki would be moved there.
This is the current description: Welcome to the Wiki posts. In here you can find a collection of content generated and maintained by community members. From RollPlay show wiki to roleplaying resources to RollPlay playlists and so on.

RIght now no one but staff can see it. When/if it’s opened only staff can move/create topics there. Regular users can however reply in any topic moved there. Unsure if that’s the right way. Might be better to leave it open but be ready to move topics away from there when they’re not wiki worthy instead of the other way around… a bit unsure.

imo it would make sense to be a sub to general & archives, like fanart and bop

at some point, cos and blades will be over, and i suppose those posts will be moved there as well, then…

That’s where it is located.

1 Like

moved all the wiki threads to the wiki section The general RollPlay ones as well as the blades and CoS wikis.

Edit: added the search and rescue thread as well. ping me if I missed one.
I kept the viewers guide pinned since its a hub of information.

Oh… ehm I had it locked to only visible to staff haha. No worries I’ve added permission to everyone to read/reply now. Only staff can start create at the moment.

Sorry I did not realize that :blush: :itmejplol:

lunch break… editing viewers guide wiki… +index +back to top links - can’t save, since I have to enter a category for the post, and wiki is not there

@TheDesec check this link https://community.itmejp.com/c/rollplay-past-shows/rollplay-wiki it should work from the category menu too now

You misunderstand - I see the section, I’m in the section, I’m editing the post

I can’t select the category in the editor. It tells me to select a category, or else it won’t let me post.

Hmm I wonder if the issue is that we’ve locked it to staff creation…
I’ll open it up Trust Level 2 to create topics and hopefully that will solve it!

@TheDesec I’ve added in a trust_level_2 so they can CREATE as well. Try it out now and see if it works.

yes, that worked :thumbsup:

index for one-shots version tonight… lunch break is over :itmejpded:

@DealerUmbra mentioned in the CoS wiki about whether the Wiki should be in the wiki section or in the show section.
(applies to the blades wiki as well)
What is the general feeling on this?

best solution, in my opinion, would be to display those pages in both categories… maybe it’s possible to have a “ghost entry” in the show sections that links to the wiki section entry?