itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[SPOILERS] NEWS: AnneMunition's character creation video is up on Patreon

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rollplay-court-11455777

You can watch this and many other RollPlay videos at the $1 tier on https://www.patreon.com/RollPlay.

Happy viewing :smiley:

Please be aware that there may be spoiler discussions below

4 Likes

Is it weird I don’t watch these so everything will be a surprise? lol

1 Like

Not at all. I am the same with GM prep, though I like watching the character creation videos before they appear in the story.

I can’t wait for Anne to be on CoS. this character is :itmejp10:

2 Likes

It’s weird to me seeing less power-gaming characters being made. Anne’s character creation reminded me of Sean’s in that way, where they went for the fun choices, not the optimal ones. Like, when Sean went with the animal companion and Anne went with the Thief. I hope the world doesn’t punish her too hard for doing things like that. Outside of that, this character looks awesome. I can’t wait for the tiny halfling to roll their +8 in Intimidation.

2 Likes

i too am excited for [spoiler]tiny dooger[/spoiler]

2 Likes

I’m excited but at the same time a bit worried…

[spoiler]Rogue can be a hard class to play so that you don’t end up in bad situations. Especially one without a ranged weapon at start. I’m waiting to see how Lil Doogs is going to dance around the battlefield. At least level 5 provides Uncanny Dodge to rogues. Anne really needs to remember to use it.[/spoiler]

2 Likes

I’m wondering if Anne is going to take the Dexbonus or feat for little Doger?

Yes I went there.

4 Likes

Anne says she’s rollplaying Dodger, picks up +8 to intimidation. Anne are you trying to tell us something?

1 Like

I mean Dodger intimidates me. Its the hair. Beautiful, terrifying, unfathomable hair

its not weird while i do watch the character creation i dont watch the gm prep for spoiler reasons the charter creation dosent give anything awya really other than what they are playing they tend to not go in to much depth of the char story on purpose as to not spoil stuff

I feel that the main cast makes their char in a way that allows the guest to play loose like that with their char creations for the most part the main cast tries to cover all bases so that mechanically the guest isnt needed

i dont think you need the tiny is needed dooger says it all lol

The character fits perfectly into the setting which is pretty exciting, since introducing her will be super smooth. Mechanically, what bugged me a bit, is the fact that she wasnt advised to put one 14 in Dex and the 15 in CHA. Would have ended up with a 16 in both, making the CHA rolls even better while givin the same DEXBONUS. Also pointing out to Anne that critting on a sneak attack roll means rolling 8d6 worth of damage may have helped her a bit in making a different decision. :itmejphappy:

1 Like

Well, she can bump both of them up by 1 as she has stat bump/feat from level 4. Also, i’m pretty sure that would be the most beneficial thing for her character to do as Dex is so good stat and there aren’t any really sweet feats that bump Dex at the same time as you get something else.

Implying that she doesnt take a feat and that Adam allows for the score increase to be spread out across different stats, which afaik hasnt been done before on CoS.

It’s part of the basic rules. “…you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1.” (PHB p. 96)

2 Likes

Thief is actually just as good, if not better, than Assassin a lot of the time. Using an object as a bonus action in combat is often far, far better than a burst of damage some small percentage of the time in combat. The most obvious one is using a potion as a bonus action.

A more relevant one, when it comes to power level, is applying poison to a weapon as a bonus action. If your GM lets you get access to poisons and you stock up, you can do a whole lot of damage with this combo that the Assassin can never dream of.

2 Likes

Well, she might have made a hafling but overall we knew she would do that like 1 month ago XD

I actually talked about this with my group and one of the players noted that this actually isn’t true.

"Activating some magic items requires a user to do something special, such as holding the item and uttering a command word. The description of each item category or individual item details how an item is activated. Certain items use one or more of the following rules for their activation.

If an item requires an action to activate, that action isn’t a function of the Use an Item action, so a feature such as the rogue’s Fast Hands can’t be used to activate the item." (DMG p. 141)

I find it a bit jarring that it actually calls out Fast Hands not being able to activate magic items that are “Use an Item” actions. Drinking a potion is under Consumables and they seem to be Use an Item actions. I’m not sure what the Fast Hands “Use an Object” is supposed to be then. shrug

1 Like

Magic items that require activation are things like Wands and staves. That blurb is basically specifically so a fasthands Rogue can’t dip one level into Wizard and now can bonus action use a wand of fireballs and sneak attack. Or bonus action use a prismatic spray from one of those Brilliant Helm diamonds and then sneak attack someone.

You can use potions. Drinking a potion is using an object, not activating a special command word or whatever. Same with poison.

1 Like