itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E14 Q&A] Snidges

You are completely correct. I didn’t check the book last night and confused it with friends.

Yeah I hope that since they’re not starting in a town that Adam lets him know the longbow is disadvantage and allows him to “sell” it and buy a short bow.

I meant corebook Favored Enemy is useless as a class feature. How much a particular favored enemy shows up is GM discretion more than anything.

1 Like

Hey Adam, I know JP will ask this sooner or later but will you allow Day9’s gnome to ride Gideon when he is shapeshifted?

4 Likes

YES!! I was waiting for this question :smiley:

my main darkvlagor with the citations

Yes. Yes I absolutely will.

10 Likes

That’s great! I can’t wait to see this happen. I also hope that the gnome survives until the live show, it would be great to see Day9 trying to cosplay that character.

You can’t be a folk hero without riding a bear into battle at least once.

Whats better is that I believe the Gnome randomly rolled something for riding as well. (Folk Hero thing? )

The VOD Persnidgetron creation isn’t up yet, so I can’t double check, but doesn’t he have Animal Handling? Does that do anything for his riding ability?

One of his abilities is animal handling.

Though it might be an acrobatics check to stay on a beast not suited for being ridden, since Gideon isn’t really an animal and doesn’t need to be cajoled into proper movement.

Riding is a tool proficiency, which he definitely has!

Btw:

Welcome (back) NPC who suspiciously speaks like Thuy.

According to the rule (page 144) you can resell your perfect state long bow for half its 50 gold pieces value and use the 25gp to buy a brand new full price short bow(25gp).

5 Likes

I thought that only “driving vehicles” was a tool profenciency :confused: (p155 btw)
The only clear entry about “riding” is on “Animal Handling” p178

Animal Handling. When there is any question
whether you can calm down a domesticated animal,
keep a mount from getting spooked, or intuit an animal’s
intentions, the DM might call for a W isdom (Animal
Handling) check. You also make a Wisdom (Animal
Handling) check to control your mount when you attempt
a risky maneuver.

So riding a druid metamorph carrying shitbags around is a bit different, but it really depends on the situation and it’s clear it’s left to interpretation. I guess we’ll have to improvise on that one :itmejpgmlol:

Just do a flat dexterity save to see if they can hang on lol

1 Like

@Darkvlagor You’re right it is a tool proficiency, Folk Hero grants a choice of land vehicle on PG. 131 of the PHB. Normally you would pick something like horse and carriage I would imagine. I would be cool with saying he could ride animals though for his proficiency, no need to overthink that one in my opinion.

1 Like

I suspect thematically its a bit easier if said animal is actual a person and actually cooperating, as opposed to training a regular tiger to be ridden

Well you can’t spell Ranger with RNG and Sean is the master of RNG