itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E14 Q&A] Snidges

I NEED MORE TIME, FATHER.

Sean “Snidges” Plott is the best / worst thing to ever happen to this show.

7 Likes

The funny thing about the Longbow situation is, since he already has disadvantage, he can just sit 600 feet away and plink at people at no technical decrease in ability.

Maybe that’s how he became a folk hero. He killed those pesky Rock gnomes from 600 feet with his cumbersome longbow while the Rock gnomes’ measly shortbows could only reach up to 320 feet! Gnomish ingenuity at its finest.

3 Likes

I like your optimism but that means hes literally the worst he could possibly get at all times.

The delicacy with which he dances that line between comedic genius and horrid harlequin disaster was really something to behold. I really have enjoyed the more serious moments of CoS, but there was something just so completely believable about his character that it kind of fit the narrative. [spoiler]His death, allowing the ring to free Gideon creates one of the coolest shifts that the story has seen so far. [/spoiler]Obviously nobody wants to see the show go completely off the rails, but I feel like you all avoided that and focused his madness in to a positive direction. Himself included. I was literally in tears from laughing so hard when [spoiler]he died and during his new character creation.[/spoiler]

Sometimes you got to look at the silver lining, and that silver lining is 600 feet. Which is 5 times the range of scorching ray.

I’ve had some practice recently wrangling madness on the Waypoint Dungeon World stream so that might have been in my head going into this game.

4 Likes

I love Day9 in the CoS world. Even thoe I predicted Adam would kill him the sec he had a chance, the fast rebuilding of a new hero is just making the experience for me even better. I miss Geoff, but I realy think Day9 did an amazing job and his new super hero Gnomi will be very nice to follow in the next episodes.

Keep up the amazing work!

day9tv IS the chaos.

That was the best character creation session I have ever seen.

Welcome Day9 to CoS. Your first episode was historical. The cast created so many laugh out loud moments that I am sure people think I have gone mad. No regrets though :itmejplol: :itmejpmlg:

3 Likes

Awesome episode! Nothing else to say, Really loving the dynamic day9 causes in the group.

ps: Last week was also episode 14:P

1 Like

I hated Zawaz from the start and agreed with Berg that he needed to have some combat…quickly. Never have I wanted a character to be killed off so fast. [spoiler]Praise the Sun that my prayers were heard and by a Scorching Ray none the less. Having a character be disintegrated was great![/spoiler]

Great show all.

3 Likes

i saw this a while back on reddit maybe snidge can do the same

http://imgur.com/Bwjb9Ak

3 Likes

Charm Person PHB p221 :itmejpgmref: :

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 hour

Well there is still the potential that Adam lets him roll for starting gold off stream, and buy any additional equipment or weapons. Then he could acquire a shortbow.

Back when I started playing d&d way back in 2E, my archer ended up losing a hand, but my DM Allowed me to shoot like that, but in exchange I could only get 1 shot off in a round instead of the usual 2, and if anyone came within melee range to attack they got the +4 for me being prone. All in all a fun character to play.

For science, I must know the reason for war?

I love the Page verification bet you are a math squad

I usually let players just spend whatever money they have on common gear before their characters enter the campaign. If a case is made for selling equipment for roughly equivalent gear (or technically inferior gear, like a shortbow) before the character enters, that’s fine too.

Worst :itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmlol::itmejpgmref: a Rule Lawyering Scum