itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS LIVE LIVE SHOW // E63 Q&A] One Hard Night in the City of Brass

As far as progression goes…I think everyone just needs to be more on the ball with quests. Things like destroying the AntiMagic Crystal, curing the cursed Orc, maybe even going with the commander to the meet immortals should be quests. So far the group has had what two quests assigned, and nary a mention since. I don’t know maybe going over quests again with the group. It’s something the party can rally lean into.

The new attempt rewards would play with quests well too.

Maybe that 40xp deficit really bugs me too much…and that Berg really missed out on an earlier goal.

That [spoiler]Kukrit[/spoiler] tie in was a masterstroke imo. Not only because it was the most dramatic option available, but because it’s aftermath basically reset any faction “hooks” had gained during the episode. [spoiler]I assume they are all presumed dead. So they can go down any path they wish through this conflict, without interference or having to keep appearances for a while.[/spoiler]

Incredible show, loved it all. Fantastic ending especially, super curious what they do with their new reincarnated charge.

[spoiler]A suggestion for the cast in case they ever have to deal with the specific situation at the end of the Farang fight, would Adam allow Ramus to cast banishment on a downed Heavy armor? It’d be poetic to send it back to their own plane as the countdown was ticking.[/spoiler]

Thanks for the wonderful show to all involved.

3 Likes

Loved the live show, it was epic! Especially liked the look into the structure of the tower, and how it’s less a traditional clergy and more like a government agency or something; that’s a very interesting and cool approach!

That ending was also fantastic! Definitely not something I expected when the live show started. Once I knew Kukrit was there I was afraid Azure’s reincarnation would be brought in, and you didn’t disappoint. I think Azure fearing Berg and viewing him as a savage monster is probably a worse torture than anything Kukrit could have done to her in front of Berg. This was easily the best live show so far, so good work!

Only thing that bothered me this episode was JP’s Magic Missile Abuse. Pretty sure it was unintentional, but Magic Missile is 1d4+1 per missile, but JP was calculating it as 1d4+3, giving him a lot of extra damage every casting of the spell. Obviously not the end of the world, but an extra 1-2 rounds for some of those fights might have made a difference.

Well they forgot that you don’t lose rage when you use the Orc Racial so I say any advantage JP got from that was canceled out by Berg getting being unintentionally screwed over lol. :itmejplol:

Yea I really hope they put notice this for future since the exhaustion mechanic is already very punishing due to limited rest time to get rid of it and the number of rages available.

Relentless Endurance. When you are reduced to
0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit
point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you
finish a long rest.

I know Max has been flavor it so that he says he drops to 0 but then “gets back up with 1hp”, but it is quite a massive nerf to the racial ability to use it that way. I could also be plot wise flavored that the racial has now “upgraded” due to all of the changes berg has had lately.

1 Like

They’ve brought it up before. I think this was just a live show mishap. Shit happens when you don’t have your regular set-up.

Team Thoughts and Prayers were awesome its the buddy cop movie we didn’t know we needed

4 Likes

That was awesome, great job all. You could see GassyMexican was visibily shook at the end. He did the old my eyes are itchy at the end. Adam made him feel a thing, good job dude.

Also FORGIVE!

I can’t wait for the post show discussion.

1 Like

That was amazing. Berg killing Kukrit was done so well by all of you. I’m so excited to watch this show every week.

@AdamKoebel With the reappearance of the Mara that I believe you’ve said was “The Doctor” do we have a list of the named known Mara so far? I feel like you’ve mentioned several of them by name but can’t remember and are other West Marches PCs representative of them? Because if so I’m ready for them to run into the Gallahan one and I’m very curious on what the Tilly one would be. Amazing work building such an intriguing world I love watching every week.

1 Like

I honestly forget if this has shown up outside of prep yet, but [spoiler]the Necromancer King waging war against the Court of Swords was a career soldier who turned on the court after he returned from a campaign to find his home and old life were basically gone. If memory serves, one of the last things we saw Galahan do was renounce his vows and become an Oathbreaker paladin. If I’m not forgetting something after that point, it would be amazing if his likeness showed up as a Mara who specifically preys upon warriors who turned their backs on vows made earlier in life.[/spoiler]

1 Like

If one assumes what they saw in the basement was indeed a Mara in the semi-corporeal flesh, then it is reasonable to assume that it’s a manifestation of the one that I’ve called The Bleak Doctor before. We haven’t really seen or discussed the taxonomies of the Mara before, but I suspect y’all have some ideas…

6 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks. Oh yea tons of theories.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of people speculate that The Doctor and the Necromancer King are the same person. Could anyone explain where that theory comes from cause I’ve not been able to make that connection.

I believe Gallahan in the very last episode realized the evil he was doing and killed the npc that was causing the calamity and didn’t end up breaking his oath. I could be mistaken and what he decided to do at the end might not have any bearing on this world either way. It’s fun to theorycraft though. I’m very curious on how many Mara there are and if they each have a particular schtick like each arcana do.

1 Like

Nah, the Necromancer King is, as stated upthread, a mortal soldier whose disillusionment and disappointment with life opened the doors to the mighty land of the mara.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.

Daaaaaamn what an episode. Forgive will be one of those Rollplay-moments mentioned in the same breath as the hyperspace walk or Rune’s seance, just wow.

Can’t wait to see how the story unfolds. The City of Brass is still teetering on the edge and it will be interesting to see where the story goes from here.

Big ups to Aurelian, Scoots, JP, Adam, Gassy, Zeke and Dan!

1 Like

I loved how Berg and Kali falling off the train track led to splitting up the characters, letting us see both the sides of The Immortals and The Tower. Nice work on turning a couple of failed saves into a great story.

2 Likes

Remember to remind Zeke that the multiclass table gives Kalimat a new skill proficiency and more importantly a musical instrument proficiency. @Ezekiel_III @AdamKoebel

1 Like

I was wondering what people thought of suicide in this world? I imagine for people with fate that it is frowned upon? Unless it is ‘fated’.

Though an intense visualization I have in my head is people climbing the tower to its top and just jumping off…

1 Like