itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS LIVE LIVE SHOW // E63 Q&A] One Hard Night in the City of Brass

What an incredible 8 hours, I don’t think that could have gone better. The group split, the Farang battle/magical dampening field, the confrontation with Kukrit/his subsequent demise, and of course Berg and “Azure Vortex II” (do we have her name yet?) being back together.

It’s an amazing a climax to Berg’s story, definitely seems to mark a change in his luck.

1 Like

That is heavy… But actually sounds plausible as a ceremony in some way. “The Tower promises change… Leap to embrace it.”

1 Like

First of all, what a great show.
CoS is so fucking cool, setting, world, characters, factions, rolls. 10/10!

Since I’m a bit late to the thread I won’t go too much into detail on what I saw on the show, since most of it will already be in here, but I have to get a few things out:
Dan, that “Forgive!” command was absolutely brilliant, what a powerful moment it created!
The way the table reacted to that was amazing, imo, everyone in their own way.
And just the way it slowly dawned that Ramus would be let to Kukrit, what a devilish thing to happen to the party. There was so much going on, cool actions, failed checks, lots of great roleplaying, but what I think I liked most is that this vibrant, colorful, loud and boasting city that is the City of Brass is now oddly quiet, grey and dusty (in my mind, of course). The people are gone or hiding in fear and it’s a dramatic change that I like a lot.

On a side note, @itmeJP , I had this thought about why Desert and Water Tortles don’t like eachother when it was first mentioned a few episodes ago.
I was basically thinking that they were of one species, a long, long time ago. But they were split into two tribes, maybe salt and fresh water? Anyway, today (as in the time that Salihafa is alive) there’s just the myth remaining, of how the now Desert Tortles attacked and poisoned the now Water Tortles, almost wiping them out. The Desert folk however tell the tale that this attack was just and necessary, as it was a reaction to the Water Tortles using some extremely barbaric magic to dry up their waters, leaving them with nothing but sand and rocks and that the Water Tortles poisoned their own waters to keep the other tribe out. Maybe it was out of spite, as the Desert Tortles made a discovery that the others didn’t, maybe it was over personal affairs, who knows?
But when the lakes and rivers dried up and the one tribe was defeated by the other, they adjusted, adapted and evolved into the tougher Tortles that live on land, weather the worst winds that feel like abrasive papers on Salihafas kind’s skin, etc. The two kinds grew apart and there is nothing really written down from the time when all that happened, so all that remains are the myths, the blaming of both sides and the inherent aversion of one another.

1 Like

@AdamKoebel @itmeJP @Ezekiel_III @DansGaming @GassyMexican Finished the Show awesome as always. Just wanted to say probably in my opinion the best episode of RollPlay ever, and that is saying a lot.

Adam though you might not always do things or interpret the rules as I would it is always intertaning.

Trying to now patiently wait for post shows and the next episode.

What tablets were used in the live show? Was That a Microsoft Surface? How do the work with moving a map on roll 20?

@AdamKoebel Could Berg have called upon Agni when he was in chains in the dungeon? Like, to heat up his arm, melt through the chain, and perhaps even incinerate Kukrit?

Also, during the opening fight I thought I saw Ramus getting disillusioned with the Tower, thinking he might finally call upon Agni’s “blessing”.

2 Likes

YES! I had that same thought with Ramus ditching the Tower, but (if he doesn’t choose to do that in the future) it would also be cool to see him kind of as the ‘righteous’ Tower cleric. The one that understands how things work, should work and must work and why the Tower is needed.
IF he’s not exceptionally disappointed in the Arcana at all by now.

1 Like

THIS

I hope Ramus sticks to the tower, and rights it somehow. I think the right move is to combine the strength of the immortals and the Tower but in the end if i had to chose i’d choose the Tower over the immortals

1 Like

Just finished the live show VoD and what a show it was! Berg losing his bracing near the end made me gasp out loud.

4 Likes

That ending was so satisfying. The culmination of 54 episodes of rivalry, the best use of a command spell I think I’ve ever seen, more Grigori. So good. Can’t wait to see how Berg and Azure interact.

2 Likes