itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E65 // Q&A] Carrying the Burden of Dharma

Heaven is just fucking afraid man, they don’t know what to do. And Hazan just likes destroying things, so they are giving power to the only one in Heaven that has a plan, they don’t care if it is a good plan.

2 Likes

Well, I guess technically -

“Mindless Rage
Beginning at 6th level, you can’t be Charmed or Frightened while raging. If you are Charmed or Frightened when you enter your rage, the effect is suspended for the Duration of the rage.”

If he had started raging, he wouldnt have been paralysed by fear (if that is what we are classifying that ability as).

1 Like

In the chat he was saying it wasn’t a +2 weapon either, but the +2 is still being applied to Berg’s damage and hit rolls.

Some clarification needed.

The consequences of Farang not having access to magical damage means golems and lycanthropes should shit on their parade, depending on how their anti-magic bubbles work.

My personal favorite anti-farang creatures, the Androsphinx. Immune to bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing from non-magical weapons and psychic damage. Coutals have the same, but are celestials thus probably can’t perceive Farang (thats a rough encounter for CR4, immunities + high AC + good saves, luckily it’s good aligned).

Hm, there’s always the +2 from rage. Did you mean that?

When you make a melee weapon Attack using Strength, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases as you level.

Isn’t Berg level 9? He got the Brutal Critical feat, right? If he’s 9, the bonus from rage should be 3 according the the roll20 compendium!

I also think Adam and Max should readdress the Frenzy houserule they made, that Berg always enters a frenzy when he rages… the exhaustion stacks can be easily avoided, and by logic, if Berg was already exhausted, doing something taxing would be a little more difficult and might be auto-disabled on exhaustion level 2 or something.

1 Like

Berg is level 8.

1 Like

I was think if he raged he would get advantage on all saves not just strength saves which is what you actually get when you rage.

Why does he get the Brutal Critical bonus die when he crits then? I’m 100% sure it was discussed that he can choose between a weapon and a psychic damage die.

Because he is an half-orc.

1 Like

That one has already been included in Berg’s normal crit roll and has been there since forever. There’s a new die that has been recently added where Adam gave Max the situational choice for a weapon or tulpa die! I’m sure!

(searching episodes now)

Edit: Ok it might have been mentioned before that that will be a thing when he gets to the point…
My bad :itmejpfml:

They did talk about it when he gets there but they were referring to the half orc feat he took at level 8 that does a similar thing.

He has two things and will have a third at level 9 that add a damage die. Him being a half orc gives him that ability, the feat he took at level 8 let’s him add a damage die once a short rest, and at level 9 he will add another damage die on a crit.

1 Like

Oh right that was some Unearthed Arcana (Feats for Races) addition…

Damn, half-orc Barbarians are wild! :itmejpgg:

It’s not UA anymore - it’s published in Xanathar’s now.

1 Like

time to go shopping again :itmejploot:

No I was referring to the +9 to hit Berg gets. Since he’s level 8 it should be +4 from Strength and +3 proficiency bonus. That leaves a +2 gap I’m assuming is supposed to be the weapon.

The rage damage isn’t baked in, that’s why they put the reminder text in the damage results for that macro. Otherwise they’d need four versions of the hammer macro on Berg’s sheet.

I’d love it if roll20 had a drop down or setting button for variable input on macros on the sheet. Players could toggle abilities, handedness, bonus modifiers, advantage/disadvantage, and etc before running the macro and repeat it with those conditions, adjusting on the fly as needed.

2 Likes

The Apology of Emperor Fei was a +2 hammer, same goes for Tulpas Conduit plus some hidden qualities yet to be developed or discovered.

The “Unofficial” 5e sheet has a place where you can place in numbers (or rolls for things like bless) for attacks/skills/etc. Pathfinder also has a character sheet where you can set common buffs and toggle them on or off.

However, both of the character sheets are also quite a bit robust in what it can hold, and would probably be more confusing for the players, and slow things down. Also, with Roll20’s sheet, Adam can just drag things from the compendium and use it there without having to fill out entire sheets. Though there’s probably a happy medium between that and the Roll20 sheet that has mostly useless information on the front page.

So who know when the next episode is? Because I know that they mentioned that they wouldn’t have it on the regular scheduled date.

Next Saturday, the 17th. And then it will be on again on Tuesday 20th, as per usual.

1 Like

@NoorElBahrain You posted the wrong date in the news thread, not sure if it’s because of where you live or not.

I might be wrong, I also live in a different timezone. But I recall JP saying they were playing Saturday, 10 days after the last game, which would make it the 17th.