itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E65 // Q&A] Carrying the Burden of Dharma

@AdamKoebel is it possible for tulpa to get access to the fountain without berg dying
Also that leads me into my second question if berg does dye or tulpa gets access to the fountain would that change bergs soul so when he re-incarnates he would be an elf or half elf? and if its possible for tulpa get access to the fountain would it heal him enough for to have tulpa be a player character for max if berg were to die later on ???

@AdamKoebel is it possible for tulpa to get access to the fountain without berg dying
Also that leads me into my second question if berg does dye or tulpa gets access to the fountain would that change bergs soul so when he re-incarnates he would be an elf or half elf? and if its possible for tulpa get access to the fountain would it heal him enough for to have tulpa be a player character for max if berg were to die later on ???

[spoiler]Tulpa can access the fountain if the party goes to heaven or if Berg dies. Tulpa getting access to the fountain would be an apocalyptic scenario. Farang absorb magic and the fountain is the source of all magic. The only reason farang haven’t been absorbing souls is because they haven’t quite figured out how to yet. If they were to figure that out and get to heaven, say goodbye to life in this plane.[/spoiler]

1 Like

do farang explode when they die because of the excess magic energy they eat/absorb escaping all at one time if so is that why in max/bergs flashback the 2 farang cultures were fighting with nacratic weapons??

if berg were to die tulpa would get access to the fountain

yo Adam i just made a amazing comparison for cos, the way max plays berg and is why the world is shaped in its current state (as grim dark fantasy as it is, as well as your twisted beautiful dming ) along with the ability of just not dying and he has a overwhelming protective quality towards any Azer Vortex of any form reincarnated or otherwise. COS IS BERSERK! no wonder i love cos so much it has went down a similar path that berserk did as a story (completely different story but similar in many ways down to Berg as our Gatsu especially with the stone arm) Bravo Adam and cast you made a way i can get over my berserk fix cause of hiatus’s and other bs through a “supposed” accidental grim dark turn with Berg a thousand thank yous for this keep on guys keep on. :smile:

[spoiler]I hope Tulpa gets exorcised. I do not wish for the death of the world, as then no one gets complete enlightenment, only oblivion, instead of a grand release its more of a screaming death of being absorbed to be used as a energy source.[/spoiler]

As far as the groups choice… I hope Berg can find a way to let go, maybe not to her death or worse, but let her go to live her path and his. By being together its a warped relationship influences by a lower soul that no longer exists. For both their sake, he needs to let go, that’s why the Mara could hurt him through her, because he is attached. As hard as it is, he needs to, to save them both.

If Berg had let go in the first place, she would not have been in danger in her new life to begin with.

1 Like

That’s the point of the tower. They burn everything to the ground so that the Star can create new life from the ashes. It’s how the cycle of rebirth works.

You have to have something to regrow though. The Tower has no idea how to beat The Farang, so they will just burn earth to the ground to stop them from getting it.

Never mind it only gives advantage to strgth.

@AdamKoebel

I’m reminded of this C. S. Lewis quote,…

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be “cured” against one’s will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

– C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Hazan talks a good game about giving up atatchments but he seems pretty atatched to Heaven and the Aracana continuing. Maybe it’s the time for the Farangs start to rise and Fountains end?

Irorny

1 Like

I for one welcome our new silver overlords.

This is a really interesting quote and I definitely see the parallels to the current situation, but it is important to remember that C.S. Lewis fits into a firmly Western view of morality/religion while the world of CoS is inspired by Eastern philosophy. This sounds like a justification the Farang would use to usurp the power of the fountain for their own means.

1 Like

It is basically fate(Fountain) vs the choice(Farang).

1 Like

Awesome episode with lots of lore dumping going on.

Just one observation. During the fight against the peryton it was said that Berg’s damage was lowered due to the creatures damage resistance, but since Berg’s weapon is magical it should not affect as Peryton’s resistance is to non-magical attacks.

I believe Adam responded to that in chat saying Tulpa’s Conduit wasn’t actually magical anymore, as far as the setting is concerned.

high praise, huh? Well, I’ll let you know that I’ve made self-insert pcs for each and every arc of this show and continually keep concocting scenarios where my pc would help the cast solve a problem they didn’t on the show… Basically I DM to myself about me playing CoS with ya’ll, that’s how invested I am in this fun amazing thing you guys do =D

@AdamKoebel This arc is just going great, possibly the greatest arc and rollplaying on the show, i look forward to it even more as each session passes by. Keep up the good work Adam!

1 Like

[spoiler]There is a theory that full enlightenment would be an oblivion unto itself as the highest forms of souls on the journey to enlightenment simply become raw energy in the Fountain reactor. Think about it - a major aspect of enlightenment is effectively letting go of the world and your part in it, essentially surrendering your very existence as a feeling individual… For the Fountain (which has always been) has no will, nor the Arcana around it, just the Bureaucracy of Heaven and their artificial designs in interpreting and controlling the cycle as they see it (the Arcana). Remember, as Adam said, the “gods” aren’t actually “alive”, meaning that when Ramus prays to the Tower, he’s actually praying to the division of Heaven that operates upon the parameters they set for themselves as they see it within the cycle they devised, and they send him messages or visions as they see fit.

In summary, it’s all a bunch of social constructs and heavenly horseshit!

Which might actually mean that the Mara revolve around a dark reversal of this dynamic as a rejection of heaven’s horseshit - power to the individual, except as like extreme late-stage anarcho-capitalism where everything goes and no one will do anything for anyone but themselves in the end, like a powerful demon trading power to you in exchange for your soul… But then, does that mean that the Mara have been harvesting souls to create their own dark fountain? Or does their power stem from the collected corruption of souls taken out of enlightenment (see: Kukrit and the Doctor)? [/spoiler]

Or that’s how I’ve theorized it thus far.

2 Likes

Hazan through the filiter of his bias/point of view sees the portents as saying the Haresa(?) need to comeover and do things the towers way. When from what I know of the portents just show them not working together that leads to the Farang winning. Maybe it’s the Tower that needs to change course and work with the Haresa(?)

Who the Fuck does Hazan think he is to determine when someones time is up, and there by waisting the time one has spent so far in this life to then have them start over in the next.

What it seems to be is a Buddha to come along and Streighten them out.