itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E100 // Q&A] The Big 100th

I mean that’s way more intesting than my theory was so I hope that is their true intent

1 Like

If I remember correctly you had Ramus lose 10 max hp because of his soul issue. Don’t forget about it!

This was an amazing double header of a show! Kudos to keeping it all going when they so quickly went sideways on the prep!

I’m interested to see what kind of machinations and hijinks the party gets into between the two new Factions / Fronts that were introduced in this show!

Lots of character changes and developments for all 4 PC’s as well!

• Futility of Fighting through Fear for Berg
  • Ramus and his decisions with the NK and Agni/Heaven
  • Maharib and the completion of his two decade long task
  • Yota Zo and his “purging” and rekindling of devotion.

All great stuff for a new arc to chew on!! Also, I find it amusing “o no, lets not go to the monastery with 100 people or so occupying it, but sure, yeah. Fighting a Dragon 1v1 is ok.” ((Though I know Maharib had a few focused items for dealing with Dragons, still amusing)

With Ramus’ thing more or less, I’m interested to know what kind of stakes questions you’ll come up with for this next arc!

Great Job to @SirScoots and @Aureylian for all their hard-work behind the scenes, and the show was great overall!

A few things with mics and static but it all got resolved through the show and the Lighting and ambiance for the room was great.

It was eerie when Adam started discussing the “green vapors” coming from Ramus and the whole room was bathed in some soft Green Light. The front decor for the lower third of the Table was great, looked awesome but in a “not-taking-the-focus-away” kind of way!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Can’t wait to see what’s next for Studio Rollplay!

3 Likes

Excellent session. A little bummed that Ramus took that path, but perhaps he will be the first to outwit the Mara. He is very wise, after all.

Just wanted to say, I can’t wait for the new character tokens. Yotta and Ramus both have new looks now.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see if/when/what kinds of things change as its could feasibly be a “new body”? Like aspects of certain tieflings beginning to show or similar things (There’s some neat tiefling alternative subraces in Tomb of Foes) - the Aetherborn from Planeshift:Kaladesh might also be interesting but I don’t think that one has been playtested to your standards yet… :man_shrugging:

We talk a fair bit about soul and identity in the post show, actually.

1 Like

@AdamKoebel
So lets get started

1 do void genashi exist and if they do how likely do you think it is that the party will eever encounter one

2 what would have happened if right before combat started or rigrt after it started berg or ramus just whipped out the ruby and shouted top agni sent us?

3 what would have happened if the showed the ruby before they started chanting like when they arrived?

4 why didn’t agni appear to berg or even mention him?

5 considering void is shunned by the courts would it be held in high regard?

6 wait I thought persnergatron was againsnt slavery why would he keep him enslaved?

7 so did you fry all the gnomes to extinction or like just 95% of them?

8 shouldn’t berg have been granted a boon for delivering that message? Im pretty sure when they left agni she hinted they would get something

9 is the female lutenant that’s been spreading the plague Twee?

10 ramus keeps saying he doesn’t know how much time he has left is that dan saying that or do you have a set time limit on his character

11 so if I understand this correctly theres now human ramus with half a soul and chimp ramus with half a soul?

1 Like

For 11, the soul is divided into upper soul (Hun [sp.?]) and lower soul (P’o [sp.?]). The Hun is what is reincarnated when one dies, while the lower soul stays with the body and dissipates back into the universe. Ramus’s Hun was in the jar in heaven and reincarnated into the chimp, fusing with its own native lower soul, while his P’o remained in his body, and was causing his decay due to its lack of counterpart. The Mara provided a “prosthetic Hun” counterpart - stabilizing his native P’o. So you’ve got the right idea, although it’s not half a soul in either case, his original souls are now in two bodies with new counterparts, each forming a complete soul.

1 Like

Also, now that are more closely related to Imix, i hope Ramus doesn’t turn his back to the flame (at least for now) just because he sided with the Necromancer King, i hope maybe they can all cooperate for the time being.

Lmao, that berg damage :joy:

2 Likes

Sweet, can’t wait for it to get posted to Patreon!

Thank you Adam(and everyone else) that was great.

Confirmed that the Mara has not always existed, so that feels like my theory has been confirmed. :slight_smile:

Adam, I feel like you are a little girl trapped in a grown adults body, you rolled played that well. :rofl:

Man, what a great episode. Congrats on 100 episodes everyone! Thanks for the ridiculous number of hours of entertainment.

Loved the interactions between the PCs and with the great new NPCs introduced, in particular the Necromancer King, Zaida and the little girl. And of course the badass fight with the dragon.

Though is it just me, or is Yotta Zo’s actions kinda messed up? He feels inadequate due to him feeling like he was shown up by Berg and Maharib when they faced the wyverns. In response, he rigged a test, which involved potentially lethally poisoning his friends, a test that he was naturally predisposed to winning, just to appease his wounded ego. That particular interaction just rubbed me the wrong way,.

That being said, loved the episode, and I can’t wait to see where the campaign goes next, especially since the characters seem to be at a major crossroads in the story, potentially pitting Berg against the rest of the party.

1 Like

So here is a thought: The story in general (and Berg in particular) has been traveling through the major arcana. I know the current position, but perhaps others can help uncover the other portions of the path.

Dealings with Grasping Hands = The Devil
Hazaan and the City of Brass = The Tower
Berg goes to Heaven and sees The Star
The party re-enters the Court of Swords and travels to the temple of The Moon
They then arrive deep in the jungle, at the monastery of The Sun

So next would be Judgement and finally The World. Big things ahead.

Missing are: The Magician, The High Priestess, The Empress, The Emperor, The Hierophant, The Lovers, The Chariot, Justice, The Hermit, Wheel of Fortune, Strength, The Hanged Man, Death, and Temperance. Obviously The Fool is the starting point for everyone (and, once again, Berg specifically fits this with his low int/wis as well of his lack of history with the other party members who all knew each other at that point). Obviously I can assign characters/events to each of these (as others have done in the past), but what I’m more interested in is the journey in order. If we want to start with the original party, or the show/audience as The Fool, it gives us more options.

4 Likes

The Fountain is also a card.

The Fountain isn’t part of the Arcana, it is the power source around which Heaven was built.

So Clerics are people who read the Heavenly style guide, studied Heavenly form applications, and can write requests that Heaven technically has to answer because they are forced to obey the rules of their own bureaucratic horseshit?

Welcome to being a Sidereal Exalted

Fantastic episode. I loved the move away from direct combat. Most parties rush into combat against the monastery. But instead they ignore your prep. Fantastic character interaction. Here’s to another 100

1 Like

Amazing show. The question remains though… what does Ramus do now?