itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Your opinion on the Nintendo Switch

For me, I think it looks really cool but I’m kinda scared about performance, the game footage looked low-fps…

1 Like

Is this the video you’re talking about? I had no idea about this until you posted about it actually.

Wonder if they gonna phase out the DS with this.

If they sell it in “parts” and diff bundles they could easily sell a “portable only” version without the docking station.

1 Like

Once the Pokemon series “switches” (BUD DUM TSS) over, the 3ds will have died.

Really gotta find a mp4 version of that :-p

1 Like

Hahha that’s amazing

I hope that they at least bring 3ds games over onto it so i can get that sweet Pokemon action on a console :itmejphype:

1 Like

“huh” is the only thing my brain could say after watching that

also, friends seem cool. I should get some of those :itmejp10:

2 Likes

I wonder which bundle the friends will come in. I hope they don’t add them to a Smash bundle as I can see them getting lost very easily.

It looks like they’re going for a lot of third party support. It’s innovative, seems practical, and mildly hype. I’d say Nintendo is back to form.

I did not even care about the system but now we are getting it.

Edit: actually the retro Nintendo http://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic is more my style atm without knowing for sure all the Switch games.

I had the exact same reaction. “Interesting” was the key-word. It could be cool but we’ll see.

I hope the system will be able to play 3DS games.

Looks great, cant wait to play the new zelda.

I’m definitely gonna get the Switch. It’s like it was made for me, I always like gaming at lots of different places, on the couch, the bed in my pc chair and so on. The WiiU had the same feature but it was limited by range, and the game needed to support it.
I personally can’t wait!

I think it is a good idea and Nintendo never failed to innovate. My only concern is the price tag they will put on it. I heard rumors of 300$ for the " console" and 100$ extra for the “portable”. If that is true it is insane. We will see though :slight_smile:

Really interested in seeing where they go with this. Like what games will be available, from oldie emulator games from e-shop to full AAA games. The portability is not something I’m interested in but it’s still a really cool concept.

I think it’ll be only one price for the whole thing or there’s gonna be confusion. I don’t even think there’s two seperate “consoles”. I think the screen IS the console.

Maybe they’ll have two modes? The box supports the tablet in console mode and gives it better FPS etc, and in tablet mode it’s a more power saving 30fps experience with lowered graphics?

1 Like

I like the concept, it’s a gimmick that has some use to it for once. Not so huge on the name but I get why. There seems to be strong third-party support (but the WiiU had that at launch as well). I am interested just not wow’d yet.