itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

What are your "5 games everyone should play at least once"

So for me the game was never on my radar. Once I saw what the games fans were like when JP played it, I lost all interest in ever playing it.

That being said I really should give it a chance at some point. Backlog of games is just soooo long

2 Likes

I was really hyped about this game. I saw it on stream when it was on peak of popularity then i said to myself “this game is amazing, i need to stop watching and played myself” and when i got time to play it i realized that game not that good as i thought.
If i had a choice again: play it myself or watch it on stream then i would pick stream with no doubts.
Undertale was such a good game to watch/play with friends (no friends FeelsBadMan).

1 Like

HAHA that sounds like a normal story that happend to a lot of people :slight_smile:
I’m guess you mean the reworked bounty system and yes they enjoyed your bounty and shared it with each other ^^
But don’t feel so bad about it i have killed people that quit the game afterwards and lost years of gametime or a lot of cash ^^

Smash bros Melee - I have poured thousands of hours and the more i put in the more i get back, solid game that accidentally became something special.

Halo 3 - First and favorite arena shooter, made for a controller and it shows 2 is was more innovative but i prefer the flow of 3, halo custom games were a special experience i have had nowhere else and i may never have again.

Tribes - Skiing is such a good mechanic, land an air to air spinfuser kill at full speed and tell me you don’t feel like a god, i dare you.

Battlerite (would have been bloodline champions) - The model of a good arena game, full of good design choices, the game rewards good decisions, good execution and the gameplay is refined and was unique when blc came out.

Terra Mystica - My favourite boardgame, you need to know about this game, you will likely enjoy it.

Single player is for nerds

2 Likes

Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Stardew Valley, Rim World, mass effect(series)

and yes tec thats 7 but come on you cant just play 1 mass effect

3 Likes

Earthbound - It has a style and atmosphere that is unmatched by any other game in my opinion. Also has a god tier sound track.

Dwarf Fortress - Difficult to learn but when you finally understand it you can see that is a masterpiece of video game design. It is my go to example for why video games are art.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Complex and rewarding gameplay as well as a great story. Do yourself a favor and play this game.

Bioshock - It is hard to find faults in this game. Its a game that just does everything right.

Shadow of the Colossus - A classic everyone is familiar with but it is a pioneer in minimalistic storytelling and shows what video games can achieve over other forms of media.

4 Likes

No order here

World of Warcraft, the most common “I wish I was a new player experiencing the game for the first time”
Jak and Daxter series
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Terraria
Halo 3

2 Likes

This was a bit hard to narrow down. I think I am happy with this list for now :stuck_out_tongue:

in no particular order

Trine 1 or 2 (maybe 3 if they fixed the syncing isssues) - one of the best co-op games I have played.

Mario Kart 64 - My favorite Mario Kart and my favorite console game.

Theme Hospital - lots of fond memories of this game.

Warcraft 2 - The best Warcraft game!

Grim Fandango - My favorite point and click game.

Honorable mentions:
Monkey Island games (not the modern one)
Discworld 1 and 2
X-com 1 & 2 (especially 2)
Company of Heroes
The Portal games

I was going to suggest at least 1 paradox grand strategy but you need to play it more that once :joy:

4 Likes

I used to play games with my friends.

• Skyrim
  • Civilization 4
  • Battlefield One
  • Mount and Blade Warband
  • Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic

Hmm…

• D&D (As a gateway TTRPG. There might be better options depending on the person)
  • Portal
  • Gone Home
  • Bioshock
  • Psychonauts
1 Like

My 5 games

Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy 8
Mass Effect
Ocarina of Time
Super Mario World

(also my favourite games of all time.)