itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Titanfall 2: Buy or Wait

Titanfall 2 is launching this Friday, October 28. I’ve been following the reviews and they seem to be rather favorable so far. I’m still on the fence and I want to wait and see what the multiplayer game play looks like on launch.

So I was wondering what the general interest level is for the community? Are people excited for the game? Or do all the other shooter games this season look better?

Personally, I really enjoyed Titanfall 1. I liked the inclusion of the NPC grunts and the speed of the gameplay. I’m also a huge sucker for giant robots. I really hope the game turns out great.

2 Likes

I already have it pre-ordered, purchased, and pre-loaded :itmejpgg: I loved the first one and based off the reviews and the statements by the devs I have decided to fall for the :itmejpsword:

2 Likes

Personally I’m on the wait side for Titanfall 2. With BF1 and CoD coming out so close to Titanfall 2 I wanted to see what most people bought into before I bought 1 of them. (Working with limited funds for games)

Plus if it sucks I’ll just watch JP play it :smiley:

3 Likes

It would be great to hear what all of you think about the game. Still on the fence about the it.

2 Likes

I’ll be playing it whenever they let me (not sure if I’m getting it early) so hopefully that can help inform your opinion!

8 Likes

I had no interest until Totalbiscuit tweeted that he’s getting it prior to release from EA. ‘We very rarely get EA games prior to release.’ That made me very intrigued…

1 Like

I was really happy with Titanfall 1’s demo, but was even happier that I waited with my purchase, since a lot of problems only became apparent after the full game had been out for a while, which then gave me the whole picture. I intend to stick with that approach for the sequel.

Then again, I’m the kinda guy that almost never pre-orders and doesn’t have to play the current hot topics, so you may be placing your values very differently.

From what I heard, Titanfall 2’s “beta”, the tech test builds, introduced numerous changes to the core gameplay that were poorly received by the community. While the developers reportedly have been extremely forthcoming with extensive changes and explanations, some controversy remains, so I’m not quite sure how solidified the launch version of Titanfall 2 is actually gonna be, and how big the remaining problems will be. The game also seems to have doubled-down on its story, which I personally didn’t care about because the bits we got in Titanfall 1 were very bland and boring to me. I think it may end up being be the kind of setting that I dislike more and more the more I hear about it, so I’m not exactly excited for the Singleplayer/narrative components, although I’m usually a Singleplayer kinda guy.

1 Like

Why are they releasing so close to BF1? Is this an EA decision that the devs have no control over? If I was in charge of Respawn I’d definitely move the release if at all possible.

1 Like

Hey Noor, did you ever get a chance to play the original? If you did, did you enjoy it?

No I did not play the original. I watched a few streams, and many people were criticizing it so I skipped the game.
Did the first one have single player? I am more interested in titan fall 2’s single player than multiplayer.

2 Likes

No, there wasn’t a single player in the original. The campaign was multiplayer. The story itself wasn’t a shakespearian novel but I thought it was interesting the way the gameplay was incorporated into the story.

2 Likes

I’m going to get it when I’m not broke. But then again, I personally got enough for my money with Titanfall 1 because I played it so much. Would I have loved a steady stream of updates, no smart pistol, and an install size that wasn’t mostly sound files…sure. But for what it was I don’t feel like I wasted my money. From what I’ve seen so far, I’ll probably enjoy it enough to cover the money I spend. But I’m still hoping for content after the release to keep me coming back to it.

…The Season Pass on the other hand…I’m going to wait on that until I get a feel for how much they’re going to add. The DLC for the first one were NOT worth the money for me.

2 Likes

Never pre-order! Wait for the game to come out and get reviewed and played.

That’s my two cents anyway. Haven’t pre-orderd a game in post AC:Unity launch.

1 Like

I really enjoyed my time with the original game even with how much the community dropped off after the first few weeks. That said the no season pass and all maps/modes being free are making this an easy purchase for me.

1 Like

After playing the game for about an hour, I can say this:
The overall gameplay reminds me of Titanfall 1. Not much has changed.
I would recommend waiting for a while anyway, it’s really unbalanced right now. Mods and high level weapons make too much of a difference, and some of the titans are much weaker than the others

Yes, I am salty! But when most people use the same loadout, there’s probably something to it

2 Likes

After watching Cohh and JP play the game, I bought Titanfall 2. I’m also thoroughly convinced by everyone’s comments; It looks like an awesome game. I’ll either spin up a community game thread later when I’m up for multiplayer games or join the next thread that pops up. Thank you all for the feed back and I’ll see you on the frontier.

1 Like

So I think THIS sums up the Titanfall 2 campaign, and why you should buy it.

2 Likes

From what I have seen of the campaign the game looks cool. I’ll wait and see if CoD is good and choose between them. I have to remember that Dishonored 2 is close to release soon too :itmejps: :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

yeah but it is 8 hours in length or there about, that is a bit short if the multiplayer dies off as fast as the last one.

1 Like

I don’t know… There are many people that only ever play the Singleplayer in CoD and the CoD campaign is 4-5 hours at best.

I personally will probably not get Titanfall 2 yet, but mostly because of my current PC.

1 Like