itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

The RollPlay Question Thread

The same applies for everything in the “current collection”. Atm there is no time limit on when something from the “current collection” gets moved into classic (and as far as I know there are no plans to move anything from current to classic), current was more a line in the sand saying “anything going forward would at the $5 tier and old shows would be uploaded to the classic tier”.

Not at my desk ATM but I if you like I can post a list of which shows are in which tier when I do.

Thanks guys, time to up my April contribution to JPs sous vide collection!

Did you read that before you just copy pasted it?

It says to not include that part though.

1 Like

Questions asked up to this point have been answered in this post

3 Likes

Is rollplay ever going to go beyond the four player format? I understand the fear of scheduling issues as well as cluttering overlays with so many webcams and such but I think that having an extra player or two would allow for a more diverse cast so that a larger audience is covered, make shows more dynamic in the long run, and makes it so one player being unavailable doesn’t mean no game since each player would constitute a smaller portion of the show. It opens up a lot of interesting player combinations and possibilities for fresh content.

1 Like

Will Court of Swords be happening this Tuesday 4/4?

Is there any possibility of a Solum One Shot in the future with the original cast and DM, maybe for the five year anniversary?

Most games that can do 4 players can do five just as easily I’m not sure what you mean? I regularly play all kinds of games with 5 people for example.

1 Like

Can we please stay on topic. Another post can be made should you want to continue this discussion.

3 Likes

Questions asked above this point have been answered in this post

1 Like

Are there any plans in the near future or just in general the future for any new show(s) with the two gm’s that are running show(s) or with a new gm that can say anything about or are in the talking / planning stage? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any plans for what show will be next on RollPlay live? Have you thought about doing an extended One-Shot live?

Questions asked above this point have been answered in this post

2 Likes

What are your thoughts on taking the character creation part of your one-shots and separating them from main show? It kind of feels that you shorten the game play and time together by spending first hour(s) developing the characters and miss out on more of the arch. Also might get more people to go to patreon. Just curious. …

akwnt923

I think that would defeat the purpose of the Oneshot series, which is to introduce a less known system and most if not all its nuances from character creation to actual gameplay.

3 Likes

Most of the time with one shots it is hard enough be able to schedule stuff out for one four hour session, adding in a second 1hr session for character creation for Patreon is too taxing. It is the most efficient way to handle those things, though, just sometimes not always possible.

Also, it is somewhat nice to be able to show character creation for people wanting to see the system in its entirety.

6 Likes

Also, character creation is very much a part of the game. You’re really not “shortening” play time.

When the players get together to create characters, they’re already playing the game.

4 Likes

Are the DM Hangouts and/or Fan Games on hold? If so will they return after summer?

We noticed interest in them dying down so we took them down for a bit. Also, Adam is going to be away during August, so we’ll put them back up in August (so they can be scheduled in September).

2 Likes

Any chance for an Dropped Frames version of Tabletop RPG News with Adam, John, and an RPG Industry Guest? There is enough new RPGs systems coming out that I think there would be enough content for a monthly show of them talking what’s new and what they have been working on. Could even bring you in JP as a player perspective on any new RPGs being discussed.

2 Likes