itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

THE GRIM AMA with GM iNcontroL

I’m none of those three people who you tagged, but Geoff had explicitly asked for help of this nature beforehand. He mentioned it during the last two episodes of Blades.

3 Likes

It is terrible in every sense of PC gaming. Game-wise it is an absolute travesty and just another to the pile of “what could have been” WH40K skinned titles that turned out to be junk. Only redeeming qualities are some of the character models and world assets that were done early in the development, but that’s about it. A failed MMO boiled down to a lobby shooter with all the core mechanics being executed poorly? Not to mention the optimization problems. Good heavens. Steer away.

So CAll of Duty but with nothing good and 40K reskinning?

Even worse. It was supposed to be a world map shooter like Planetside 2, but those ambitions fell completely out of their range of ability.

So they designed it to be a small map skirmish shooter, but never adapted the maps to it. You have choke points that were designed to be assaulted by attacking the base from another flank or by air drops in a game that now doesn’t have these features or map siz anymore.

SgtHerhi has already mentioned the abysmal performance.

It’s a total mess and completely unsalvageable in all aspects.

The only thing I agree with you on is that it needs more maps. This is a FREE game.

I’m thinking this maybe needs to be a different topic.

Love that we finally got another 40k game. It was my original introduction to itmejp and the Rollplay shows, and this was riotous to watch and thoroughly nostalgic. Adam and TB are probably the most opposite personalities of Youtubers that I watch. Their characters were sharp contrasts with each other, and were butting heads by design. And I think this was the first time I’ve seen Adam at a lost of how to react in a scene (right at the start in the shuttle)!

@AdamKoebel , how did you handle playing with another player with a forceful and different personality like TB’s? As a GM, I always wonder how much antagonism to encourage between player characters. TB frequently responds to out-of-character commentary, in-character, which can make an ongoing “how are we doing” dialogue difficult to establish. What are some ways of adjusting to that as a player, and moderating it as a GM?

@iNcontroLTV , how does your GMing stint affect your future playing experience? Do you think you’ll preside from the GM throne again in the future?

I’d love to see more 40k content in this channel again. A DitV 40k game would be interesting to see!

1 Like