itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Should we have a fan voted GotY?

So I was thinking about this. We could do a google form that would let you enter the name of a game. If what is entered doesn’t match the official name of the game (i.e. NMS instead of No Man’s Sky) it is discarded. Then calculate the top 20 games and do a run off checklist here on the forum.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea. (Maybe even the Batcomputer can store the results for safe keeping :slight_smile: )

1 Like

No ones vote should be discarded, I hope however it is set-up every vote is counted.

The idea is I’m not going to spend the time to individually go through thousands of votes to see if someone put an acronym or spelled a game name wrong. That sounds a lot like hell :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, note that this is just my running idea. JP will make the final decision on how we do it.

Then we should push for a system that has a pre-selected list for people to choose from, otherwise you visit your own private hell for a bit :itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmlol::itmejpgmright:

The problem with that is just the sheer length of such a list (example https://goo.gl/ySjg5V ). And as Cohh said, people select one in the A’s then forget about things by the time they get to the W’s.

My plan would be to use the google form as the process to narrow it down to a group of 15 to 20 games that are then voted on for the top ten. So a 2 step process

that is why I had said make a list of 32 games and whittle down from those

Hmm, but how to narrow it down to the 32 games? People will be upset if their favorite game doesn’t make that cut

from JP, Cohh, and Zeke’s top ten lists with more top games added in to fill it out. in all likely hood the game voted from the fans will be already on one of those lists

The worry is none of them pick Xcom 2 which is my game of the year.

2 Likes