itmeJP Community

Schedule timezones

(Daer007) #1

When I change the timezone in the schedule and the new time is on another date it is not reflected in the schedule.

For example:
Blades on October 25th 2016, 9:00 PM EDT. when changed to CEST is shown as October 25th 2016, 3:00 AM CEST.
It should be October 26th.

Thanks for reporting! I've forwarded it to the developer. :itmejpheart:

(RolandHuxley) #3

Are more options going to be available for time zones doesn't seem like an Australian option is available, I might just be thick and be missing it .

(tx1ndoki) #4

Yeah some Eastern Hemisphere time zones would be appreciated. I'd love one for Japan.

Looking at the map shaping up in https://community.itmejp.com/t/where-are-you-from/129 we would probably need to add time zones where we see a cluster of people.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I'll forward it to the developer! :itmejpbro:

Australian Schedule Timezone
(Might be Captain Marvel) #6

I am using the Eastern European Timezone setting on the schedule since I am in the +3 GMT/UTC timezone. However I was wondering if this timezone changes with daylight saving?
We don't have daylight savings in my country.

I would hope so. They're after the built in PHP timezones so they should adjust themselves when it's time.

(crowly_) #8

Since it's build in PHP, just use DateTimeZone::listIdentifiers() to get a list of all time zones. That list will most likely contain more timezones than needed, but you also don't need to manually add/select which timezones to show.

(Might be Captain Marvel) #9

Ah ok thanks. I will have to switch to UTC when that happens when that happens then.

(eag7e) #10

Just pushed an update to the site with many timezone related fixes.

@Daer007 Thanks for the bug report. The calendar is now taking your timezone into consideration, shifting events to the next or previous day when needed.

@RolandHuxley The timezone list has been expanded to cover the globe. I have tried to select only the biggest city in each timezone so the list doesn't get too long. I believe Australia is spread over 3 zones so either Hong Kong, Tokyo or Sydney should be yours.

@tx1ndoki Tokyo is now available.

@NoorElBahrain The summer-winter time transition, or lack thereof, should be applied automatically. If it doesn't please let us know.

(Might be Captain Marvel) #11

Thank you! using the Moscow timzone its the same as where I am at and it does not have daylight savings which we don't use either :heart:

(Twitch: adfraech) #12

Atlantic time :itmejphappy:

(BleuSuns) #13

Can you add a Tehran - Iran (+3:30 UTC) in the timezone?