itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[ONE SHOT] RollPlay: Pride of Vanderhorn - Post Show Thread?

Since there’s no post show thread… (this show was gold and deserves one)

@itmejp @livinpink @ryuzilla @koibu @iNcontroLTV, I know not all of you are on this community site, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this reunion!

The chemistry between the cast members has not waned at all! Top humor, top trolling, super fun to watch!

More, please! :itmejpcrit:

8 Likes

It was a fabulous mess. VANDERHORN!!!

3 Likes

It was so good! JP and Neal still seemed to have a bit of animosity towards each other but that seemed to melt away when they all starting laughing. It’s very difficult to recreate the dynamic they have and I haven’t seen it done elsewhere. Neal creates the campaign seriously and runs a very straight game, then the players are silly and poke at details about the world. I really don’t enjoy Nebula Jazz but I find this hilarious. I really wish they could do a regular game. It was so great to see them together again. \//

What? That’s a weird thing to say. There you go assuming random shit again!

12 Likes

Maybe animosity was a bad word, maybe just awkward.

1 Like

Just caught up with the VoD and it was amazing. I was practically crying while trying to stifle my laugh in the office (it’s a slow day). @itmeJP thanks for putting this on, it was brilliant!

2 Likes

Great job all around. Laughed my ass off.

Go watch the old shows, neal’s always been like that. It’s caused some of the funniest moments on the original show.

2 Likes

I never watched many shows with the original cast, but it was good to have Geoff on a less serious show again. Wouldn’t mind more of the original cast.

That all said, I was never a fan of Neal’s DMing. Where most of Adam’s changes to systems are rather benign in changing how the game is run, and tend to build on mechanics that are missing impact, Neal is all over the place; Cantrips proccing wild surge roll, able to wake up two enemies from sleep at once despite the spell saying otherwise, being able to ignite someone’s clothes despite just gotten done reading the spell that you can’t do that to worn/carried objects…

I get the reasoning behind using a d6 instead of a d20 (Nature of a one-shot, 5>20% of it happening isn’t a massive deal by itself), it just feels like there’s some lack of consistency with how he operates the game and it’s rules. “Rules are a guideline” seems like a bastardized version of “Rule of Cool”, which I fully support.

1 Like

This one-shot was hilarious. The chemistry remains almost unchanged and seeing everyone rolling with the punches, quipping about, poking Neal… just great. On top of that the fact they were all playing the dumb character just added to the silliness. 10/10

Great show. Really just like old times, especially with the plot derailing :smiley: . Favourite one shot by far.

2 Likes

I didn’t see any such attitudes. I was delighted to watch all the cast come together and have a great time playing a role playing game! It felt just like the old days and this has been my absolutely favorite RollPlay show in a long time. Would love a live show with this crew!

Vanderhoooooorrrrrnnnnn!

1 Like

I don’t know why but the original RP crew always feels like the closest thing to ‘a bunch of friends play DnD together for a giggle’. Even though I only had a little peek in to the original show it’s always nice to see it pop back for a visit.

3 Likes

This was a good time, thanks to all!

This was definitely one of the funniest RollPlay episodes in a long time, and I love the chemistry between the cast as it feels like a bunch of friends just having fun. I know the chances of a regular show is very slim, but I hope we get more reunion one-shots in the future!

anyone know what neal uses to make his worldmap?

Skill, or so I believe.

Just wanted to say this one shot was really the best thing on rollplay recently, I really enjoyed it. I have been watching rollplay from the begginning so its really great to see everyone back together. I hope JP will consider making it a regular show!

1 Like

I watched some of his cartography streams and he took ideas from other maps and map makers but did it himself in Photoshop.

ahh thanks, thought he maybe used specific mapping software. probably need to check out his streams then :smiley: