Guys, I know it’s way too early and we know next to nothing about the new campaign yet, but I love Rollplay and speculation, so here we are. Who’s gonna be on the show? What will its tone be like? What are possible easter eggs from Swan Song? I know it’s a different universe, but a fan can dream!
JP mentioned one cast member is confirmed, and we obviously know that Adam is GMing. Also, they said that none of the original crew will be part of this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some wiggle room in that statement. So my speculation as to possible cast members would be:
- Adam (duh)
- Zeke (as the one who’s already confirmed—he talks about how roleplaying is his favorite thing in the world all the time and how he wants to do it every day so it wouldn’t surprise me if he hops on the new show)
- Kaitlyn (loves Rollplay, hasn’t been on for a while, has played SWN before in Swan Song stories, is an audience favorite, however might not have time due to her becoming a doctor)
- Geoff (was in Swan Song, so might not be part of this, however he loves Rollplay, he loooved Swan Song, hasn’t been on for a while and has repeatedly said that he would jump on a show if JP offered it)
- Anne (I think she mentioned that Blades made roleplaying click for her and that show ended prematurely, maybe she’s interested in exploring and developing a new character on a new show that runs longer than her CoS appearences)
- Nebula Jazz crew (on the one hand, we just had a long running show with them, so that might rule them out—on the other hand, if they’re craving the Rollplays, who knows)
- Rollplay novices (might very well be that there’ll be one or more persons on the show that won’t have prior appearences on Rollplay, however I would be surprised if the cast will consist of more than two Rollplay novices)
I might of course be way off but, you know, that’s part of the fun
As for the tone, I don’t imagine it to be too different from Swan Song, in part because of Adam’s GMing style. Which is a big plus in my book! Depending on the cast there will be differences in the level and nature of humour and seriousness of course, but regarding the narrative I see parallels in all the games Adam runs and I can’t imagine a 180° turnaround for the new show.
I assume there will be noticable differences in the setting however, some custom modifications to it like we see in CoS (no warlock PCs, no elves etc). Somewhere Adam mentioned he wanted to have big mech-like robot suits in the game, which would be a thing we haven’t seen before. I’m also not sure what SWN 2.0 brings to the table in terms of new toys and so on, so like he did before with AI and Pi, he might pick some new element from the updated version and make it a central part of the campaign (reminds me to get my hands on a copy).
So yeah, all speculation is welcome, maybe Adam will get inspired by some of our ideas aswell. That has happened in the past, so why not throw him some bones?