itmeJP Community

Mystery Teaser Tweets

rollplay

(VyRe40) #1

UPDATE: GM GEOFF! https://community.itmejp.com/t/rollplay-the-grim-one-shot-mon-april-17-4pm-edt/1250

So these tweets have been posted once per day for the last few days at the same exact time (4:20 Pacific? Blazeit :itmejphappy:). What do you guys think?

The RollPlay News Thread
(VyRe40) #2

I'm assuming it's teasing the next one-shot for this month. The last tweet makes me think of Mr. Sicarian, but I dunno.

(Kol_Saresk) #4

So Lord Scurlock is now Johnny G?

(Olf_Himself) #5

For some reason I find it weird for the Live Show to be a show that JP isn't on since they are in his house. :itmejplol:

(Twitch: eyearcana) #7

I heard rumors it's a Swan Song reboot.

(freckled1der90) #8

Do we think the fact it is being posted at 7:20 EST has any significance other than the potential date?

(Kol_Saresk) #9

Let's just put a pin in that, label it "not likely", and move to games that have settings where one person being unkillable is supposed to be a rare thing. And where Johnny G is a normal name.

(TheDesec) #10

PLEASE :itmejplol:

(VyRe40) #11

New tweet:

@Jabba_the_space_gangster I was thinking live show when I first saw it, but then JP said the next show won't be until after E3, which means ?July? Seems really early to start teasing it out now.

@freckled1der90 Actually... the timestamp being a date would make a ton of sense. July 20th would fit a live show slot I assume. But if it's Adam posting these on Pacific time, then April 20th for something?

(Kol_Saresk) #12

Seems more like one shot most definitely. But the schedule says 4/20 is a 12 hour stream, whereas 4/17 is "something special".

So I'm not sure what the significance of the time is.

But the terminology puts me in mind of something Shadowrun-y, but more likely it's just a game system I'm unfamiliar with, which wouldn't be too hard.

Deploy is a more modern word used in the placement of technology, especially weaponry. As for Johnny G, that's a modern naming method.

So either a game system or setting that puts it in relatively modern times, like Masks, Nebula Jazz, or Shadowrun.

(Olf_Himself) #13

Is there a drug focused game out there? Cause you know, 420 Blaze It.

(Kol_Saresk) #14

Shadowrun had some drugs.

(corran1189) #15

It seems unlikely to me that, with the exception of D&D, JP will look to repeat a system so I don't think it'll be shadowrun.

(Kol_Saresk) #16

Those were my thoughts. D&D is typically the only repeat, but each show is so different from the last that it doesn't matter.

That said, we did get a Swan Song Revival One Shot so who knows? It could even be a 5th Edition of Shadowrun.

But yeah, I'm leaning towards something new. Although it could be another Fate or Dungeon World game since those rules are pretty dang flexible.

(Twitch: eyearcana) #17

Shadowrun is a good guess. If so I guarantee you Adam will use the Anarchy rules and not 5th.

(Twitch: eyearcana) #19

He did somewhat however that was beta. 5th is just so complex but who knows.

(uncecio) #20

where did you heard these rumorsss? don't make me hope

(uncecio) #21

if is for the next liveshow it's going to be a long way, after E3, so many tweets to wait then

(Twitch: eyearcana) #23

I'm just playing around sorry.

(Possibly Batman) #24