itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Looks like the Blades crew made the papers

Looks like the crew’s exploits made the papers. :slight_smile:

(Newspaper by @xpisoverrated)

21 Likes

Haha that’s awesome.

3 Likes

Very cool @xpisoverrated. This feels like the Blades equivalent of Swan Song’s Galactic News Network broadcasts. I noticed the advertisement for Cantor Haig’s preferred tailor. Also am intrigued by the latin-esque interpolation in the prison break article.

3 Likes

I suspect that’s just placeholder text that was leftover from the layout design phase. I’d say it was a secret demon-summoning message, but there’s no Latin in the world of Blades in the Dark. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s also not Latin in real life. Or at least not a dialect google recognizes lol, so I could be wrong.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, that’s what it looks like, a lot of times design layouts will include a lot of gibberish until you remove it. I like the idea that it’s a secret code put in by a demon cult though, that’s a neat justification.

1 Like

Placeholder text in graphic design has an interesting history, if you’re a book-design nerd like me. It was originally real Latin (from Cicero, if I recall correctly… “There are none who love pain for pain itself…”), but has been corrupted by typographers since.

3 Likes

Separated this from the Q&A to get more eyes on it!

Awesome work @xpisoverrated

2 Likes

This is awesome dude! Keep up the good work, maybe this new paper will be picked up by a highly paid company and produce more haha

1 Like