itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E47 Q&A] Interview with an An Annepire

5th edition often refers to ‘your turn’ as made up of an Action, Bonus Action, movement, and Reaction, even though you almost never take your reaction on your actual turn. It is just poorly written and honestly makes no sense to not allow the full action (in my opinion). However, this is a much discussed and argued point as seen just about everywhere online and in chat.

In the end, I suggest going with what feels best if you are the DM and whatever the DM says if you are playing :itmejpgm:

“On/during your turn” is actually used quite consistently as only when the turn is taken.

The problem comes when they just use “turn”, because that’s a fluid concept in those rules.

Its been a while since I’ve seen a post show wrap-up for CoS on the patreon, is that something that’s still happening?

One went up for this episode. They’re a $3 tier item now, if it’s been since the changes that you saw one.

1 Like

Really? I thought I saw in an update video that there were no plans to change the $1 tier. Also, did Patreon change how it works? I used to get updates about things above my tier, even if I couldn’t watch them.

Disappointed in this, every big Patreon I subscribe to upping their rates and making me feel nickle and dime’d. >.>

1 Like

I think they kind of had to. At the $1 level, after processing, they get very little to work with and it wasn’t sustainable, but the full thread is here if you’re curious. RollPlay Patreon: Year Two

The “no change” for the $1 tier was for that current month. That month being passed now, only those at the $3 tier see the post-show videos now.

There were 3 or 4 videos about the Live-Live show prep stuff, and there has been post-shows for all the recent CoS episodes, along w/ one about the ramp up to the “new season” for Nebula Jazz. So post-show dicussions have been going strong (and the Q/As have been going strong as well).

I just really hope a long way down the road a different group encounters a group of wastrels and it seems straightforward until one of the wastrels starts unloading sharpshooter crossbow shots at them.

4 Likes

Really impressed Max was so true to RP that he didn’t look for loot. I’d have broken immediately and tried desperately to justify someway to do it. :itmejploot:

5 Likes

Hey Adam, if Ziva had wanted to could she have given Enoch his soul back?

I know I am super late to this party, but I was curious as to how Berg got a stat boost an episode or so ago when he hit lvl 6?

What stat boost are you referring to exactly?

I know JP has said he’s probably playing a Wizard when we get back to the regular story but what kind of class and/or races would you guys like to see in CoS?

I’d love to see like a Half-Orc Eldritch Knight. I think the interactions between Berg and another Half-Orc could be interesting and for some reason I just really want someone to play the Eldritch Knight.

3 Likes

Have you ever played an EK? Thematically I love it but every time I read the mechanics it seems boring to me. I’d like to see Rogue Swashbuckler or Arcane Trickster, Sorcerer Wild Mage or a Wizard Bladesinger.

I also can’t wait for Xanathar’s, I think there’s a bunch of cool stuff in there, I bet some will reinspire JP as well.

1 Like

I haven’t played it but yeah I also love the theme.

I also want to see an Eldritch Knight or a Bladesinger

Wizard could be rather on point as the players have some beef with one wizard so they might need one to find that one or as an settlement the party would be given someone to give them help on their journey to get Ramus his soul back. EK is also pretty much a wizard as they use Int as casting stat. Problem with EK is that they are mechanically weak if one doesn’t cheese things up and for example get cantrip spells from the Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide. EK gets a bit better at level 7 when they get both level 2 spells and the ability to cast a cantrip and get weapon attack as an bonus action. The casting just doesn’t seem to work well with other Fighter abilities such as Extra Attack.

Imho, Evocation wizard would be good for JP. He can go and cast all of his good AoE spells without having to worry that some of his allies are within the are of effect. Big numbers! Much dice! Wow! Such damage!

What i would like to see as an quest for a wizard would get access to some ancient literature that would contain some spells that would be homebrew. It would be a cool showcase of the fact that one doesn’t have to only follow the limitations of the rule books when it comes to magic and it would give a really good motivation for a character. Not like i follow the limitations as a DM because for example the rules/spells of creating undead minions are extremely laborious and inefficient. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Agreed you’d definitely need those SCAG spells it an EK. I’d love a deep Arcane storyline, I really enjoyed that Wizards tower episode.

What I really liked about Enoch is the power game aspect of him. I would really like someone to play like a really broken character but it might be hard at the level we’re at right now.

I really wish Adam would include SCAG/EE beyond just the race options. The Cantrips from SCAG really add quite a few options for anyone that could cast cantrips, and anyone who took the magic initiate feat. Green-Flame blade could be flavored as a Mara-based spell, and Lightning Lure perhaps based around the Tower (No matter how far you run, you will face destruction).

2 Likes