itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E35 Q&A] Stepping Outside the Wheel of Fate

Great episode. I like how the ending was handled. Carry on was said so many times by Adam that it made me think Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son.

“Carry on my wayward son
There’ll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don’t you cry no more”

@itmeJP While not the most effective class, i like what Divination Wizard could do with the two d20 that can be inserted in to any possible roll. These could be used to make some crazy things happen even outside of combat. After watching :itmejpking: for many years i feel like this could be a good match for him so he can do his shenanigan stuff when he feels like things get stale. Inserting that nat 1 to someones roll in RP situation is guaranteed to be golden. :itmejpgmleft::itmejpgmlol::itmejphax:

If used to get people up to 1 HP every turn the Healer feat can turn in to a death wish. Being able to get a person back to the fight every turn without being restricted by spell slots ends up meaning that the Healer needs to go down before anyone else can go down. And after the Healer goes down… double tap for a long nap. Someone with Healing Word for Bonus Action and Healer Feat for Action to get two people up every turn is the best way to get targeted by everything. :wink:

1 Like

This would actually be a ton of fun to watch on stream. Sorry Adam actually the Dragon doesn’t hit.

Cmon you think Adam is that mean? :smiling_imp:

Surely not. Adam is a decent man and he would just use creatures that poison the characters so that even when they are brought up from 0 HP they stay paralyzed for an hour. :wink: That snake poison… all the rage. Everyone uses it to get high and thus have it handy to cover their blades with it. :adamgm::adamhorse:

I personally really hope to see an arcane trickster or an Eldritch Knight. Especially if they end up in the Court of Wands. I think both of those archetypes are super interesting and really wanna see them in play for more than the little bit of insanity Cohh did in WM.

Yeah, I think Berg will probably get some cool downtime stuff. I’ll have to talk to Max about how long its been and go from there. I think much of his time won’t be necessarily adventuring, but training and being reborn in the Tower’s shadow.

Also, thank you! I quite like D&D, even when it’s being a bit ridiculous. It’s a pleasure to run for such engaged players and such a great audience. :adamwizard:

9 Likes

JP tweeted that he is recording a Patreon video at 9PM EST. Maybe this is what I’ve been looking forward to all week :smiley:

1 Like

Me too, I saw that. I hope it goes up before midnight EST, that’s probably as late as I can stay up before I fall asleep.

Dan said on stream they were recording character creation today so maybe.

Carry on my wayward son. There’ll be peace when you are done. Lay you’re weary head to rest. Don’t you cry no more.

I wonder where the story is going now.

1 Like

Great song. (Character limit)

It’s almost here boys.

The Dark Knight Rises

5 Likes

Maybe not Level 6 with how by-the-book you’ve been handling exp, but maybe a magic item or special ability like what happened with the Elf-Crystal-Thingy. Perhaps… MAGIC TATTOOS?!

Chills How do I make JPs internet upload faster?

Ahh you’re killing me @DansGaming

1 Like

It’s up now, I won’t spoil anything but all I’ll say is holy shit @DansGaming. :astonished:

1 Like

WORD! CoS Season 3 will be EPIC

Thanks for a great season 2! Season 3 already started on a high note with that patreon video. Can’t wait :heart:

1 Like

I love everything about JP’s character. I love the concept of Dan’s character but slightly disappointed that [spoiler]it’s another pure Cleric. Even though they are very good I kinda wanted to see a new class.[/spoiler]

I’m kind of happy that JP isn’t playing a cleric, he never seemed like he particularly enjoyed the “supporting” aspect of a cleric and played him more like a DPS/off healer. He seemed to like playing Gideon, surprised he didn’t play another druid. But I am very happy with @DansGaming new character.