itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E35 Q&A] Stepping Outside the Wheel of Fate

It was pretty much as-written, with some scaling for the new party and situation. Bigger dragon, no adds. Otherwise they’d encounter it with the high priest of the rock gnomes.

4 Likes

I did not and that is fucked up and I’m not sure, maybe? That’s kind of up to Max, I think.

2 Likes

They were waiting to ambush them, for sure. Kill the PCs, take the treasure and capture Berg. Unless the characters said something to dissuade them or made a deal or fought them!

1 Like

I’m gonna dig into the DMG and look at the downtime rules!

5 Likes

Oh sweet! Have fun with that. I think the Downtime section in the DMG is mostly stuff like building a house, making an item or running a business. Though the Other Rewards section in the treasure chapter has other weird gifts.

1 Like

I guess it would depend on the length of the time skip, but will we find out how much progress the forest gnomes have made rebuilding their kingdom, as well as what became of Morgan’s character releasing that snake god?

Great episode as usual btw!

1 Like

Argh, I really liked Jubs and hoped JP got to play him a bit more.
Personally, I’d like the team to stick to some of the lore we already discovered and advance story there, but I love the whole show so far, so I’ll follow you guys where- and whenever you wanna take it.

Also tree stride, huh? So Mr. Monk has to be at least what, level 5?

1 Like

I would like to see the Court of Swords again, then maybe go on a quest to a new Court we havn’t seen yet.

1 Like

I’m so torn by this episode. I loved this story line, it was so much fun to watch. I am relieved that Berg is still around and that we will get to see more of him, but on the other hand I really hate how it ended. Not that there was anything wrong with the DM side of it, I just hated leaving the dragon encounter unanswered. I also wish we got to see more of one of the story lines we’ve already seen. It finally felt like we were getting into the some really good lore and now it is just up and skipped. Apart from that @AdamKoebel amazing story telling, you can really paint the picture.

2 Likes

Great episode, was wondering if you’ll actually run the fight with the Bounty hunters and the dragon and if you do, will the dragon bother leading them through the illusion like it did with the PCs.

1 Like

I would be very, very scared of running a low AC, D6 hit die class in Adam’s world. He’s very good at using stealth and murdering you if you make the slightest slip up, as we saw with Ino.

1 Like

Insane episode… I was litterly getting tears in my eyes the last 45min. I was so happy Berg choose life. Adam you devil of a god tear GM I Love you so much, but damn you make my blood boil. This truly is GoT… and Adam loves killing stuff :}

@AdamKoebel @Max
Im really surprised this wasnt brought up at end of episode or even in the patreon vod. Since we are gonna see this timeskip, I can’t imagine Berg showing up on the other end still wearing the bracer. Will he have that removed? Or at least be given something to hide/nullify its powers?

Im sure Hassan should be able to help Berg out there somehow.

1 Like

@AdamKoebel @itmeJP @DansGaming Creating an Elements Monk could be cool. Also A halbred fighter with the Sentinal feat + Polearm Master feat is REALLY strong.

A thought i had for bergs time skip is he could become a path of the zealot barbarian (it’s an unearthed arcana class released back in november) i think it would speak to his undying nature and show a profound change in his time spent to go from a lost soul in the shadow of the tower to a divine warrior of destruction

Sounds really fucking cool. @AdamKoebel get on it!

Crazy episode! Missed it live (didn’t realise it was a monday show). Just finished up the Patreon video and noticed JP is really on the fence about what he wants to do.

My question is simply if you allow any (or possibly even all) UA material, or are you sticking purely to officially released books? If you allow UA that would open up a bit of creativity and variance that might make a difference in their choices (like the UA Ranger) . I don’t know if you’ve talked about this before, or if Dan, Max and JP even know UA content exists if it is allowed, so figured I’d ask, since while some is unbalanced, some of it adds some pretty nice flavour.

i guess that artificer had more projects than just the guardian spirit he enslaved. That dragon was a really neat twist but fit exceptionally well.

I don’t know how I feel about a timeskip. I feel like there’s so much that’s not clear about the current world’s situation that I don’t know what it would even mean. I mean it lets us keep Berg while changing the world a bit, or significantly, depending on how long it is, which I guess is half the point.

What a doozy! Did not expect that episode to end like that at all. I’m super sad about losing Azriel, I really liked the character. JBG I never really cared about, always felt a little empty as a character to me so I’m excited for a new one with, hopefully, the ability to speak lol.

I think the archipelago setting sounds the coolest right now. Especially if it’s not soley pirate focused. Definitely would be a nice change in pace and environment.

It really sounds like JP wants to play a Favored Soul, if he knows it or not. Would you allow such a subclass from Unearthed Arcana to make an appearance when it fits into the lore of the world really well?