[E27 (?) Q&A] Icosahedral Slimebattles

i do love a good lore dump…

7 Likes

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck?

BTW, the word for the weird sideways scorpion/crab movement is laterigrade

3 Likes

yesssssssssssssssss dat lexicon

4 Likes

What/who was the lady in the crystal? I’m guessing something to do with the gods. I really enjoy the episode today. Thanks for helping to bring us this amazing content!

where did you get the inspiration for the introduction of the Elves?

Not a word you can use very often, but when you can, you feel like you won the lottery

1 Like

Adam, how did you decide on the boons each of the PCs received? Was it from a random table, or something you had chosen ahead of time?

Was the dice thing at the end the same thing we saw when we saw the Bug/elf creature when we first met our Favorite gnome king? Also do you think well see more boon like effects to improve characters in the future?

Hey Adam did you have that encounter at the end there prepared or was that completely off the top of your head?

1 Like

Loads of questions, but since they’re mostly about the world and the story, I’ll keep quiet and wait for more lore drops in future episodes.

I just wanted to chime in and say WOW, Adam, that was such a cool episode. Fights were good, players were great, their interactions and choices were really on par with their characters imo, but most of all I really, really enjoyed you describing the rooms and scenes.
Thank you for fantastic pictures in my head.

Loved the Ancient Alien Elves stuff in the end of the episode, also have been wanting to ask even since the first time one of the suits was seen. Any inspiration from the Blue Beetle comic character in how the suits look?

Also, just leaving it here… Alchemy Jug is also an uncommon item :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t wanna spoil that direct a question, but I will say that it’s something ancient and powerful…

2 Likes

That was so COOL! How excited are you to keep feeding us the lore of this really fucking cool world, and has your interest in how the world of Horizon Zero Dawn came to be and your questions that you’ve been asking as you’ve played it made you more interested in explaining how the world of Court of Swords works and how things came to be how they are?

um so what your inspiration for the coffin room and how did u decide to give them their upgrades

Horizon Zero Dawn has been making me ask so many questions - that’s something I always strive for in my DMing - more questions to ask than answers to expound upon.

2 Likes

I pretty much winged the whole thing tbh based on some stuff I know about the world.

lol.

2 Likes

i dont think you can directly or even answer, but was the coffin thing linked to the gods?

For anyone interested in speculating about JP’s boon, here’s a good list/tool I use when I run my game if you just sort by uncommon: https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/magic_items/

I’d personally pick the Pearl of Power for any caster. Though, specifically for Gale, I would look MIGHTY longingly at the Gauntlets of Ogre Power. 19 strength bird would be nifty as fuck. Same for the Headband of Intellect, though not as much.

That said, what a tense episode. I was going nuts when Adam was putting forth Berg losing his armor again. Would’ve been so brutal.

Question for Adam: Were those the only 3 boons available, or did you maybe roll randomly on a list of possible ones? If so, how’d you come up with the ideas for the boons for each character?

edit well looks like my question was already kind of answered by “winging it.” Good enough!

You know, I’m not super familiar with the Blue Beetle! There are lots of inspirations for the elves though - the protoss, stargate, independence day lol

4 Likes