itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E24 Q&A] Grasping Hands Make Bloody Work

I don’t suppose Morgan is going to be playing a blind lawyer for her character?

1 Like

It’s funny to think how different everything would have gone had Adam applied the advantage from Guiding Bolt to the attack made against Gale by the archers… I was feverishly checking the chat to see if Adam saw it or not. Then he replied that ‘its too late, I’m dumb’ …
Just sat back in my chair and nodded my head, every GM’s been there. :slight_smile:

Story and character wise, it’s really cool to see Azriel thrust into this position of leadership. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Turnabout is fair play after all. The players have screwed themselves many a time on forgetting things.

Is the ability to forget mechanics really a fun thing in roleplay, or would it be more fun to have everyone help eachother out with them?

I wouldnt mind the players and the GM helping each other out, but the chat just gets to be a spamfest if they try to help out.

We’re just trying to keep them alive, it’s a tough world out there.

Ofcourse, Not how i ment it :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, Not the topic to discuss it in!

You can’t rage and use the bonus action attack granted by frenzy on the same turn. That’s what Adam corrected.

I really like the Devils as a group so far. Unless I’m mistaken or misremembering, they haven’t actually done anything “evil”. Maybe the extort people, and people seem to fear them, but that’s sort of a matter of perspective. It’s sort of a do they worship a deity that let’s and encourages the things they already want to do (they’re evil), or is it part of their belief system and way of doing things (which would assume that there is some positive aspect of what they’re doing somewhere, and that that aspect isn’t just amassing a personal fortune). It’s possible I think, that they aren’t actually bad. It’s also possible that they’re just totally bad. Or anywhere in between.

I also kind of like that Azriel being a group where no one else can contribute much has also made him sort of pushy. It’s interesting to see him develop.

The core tenets of the devil revolve around the idea that everyone in life experiences bondage, debt, entrapment to material things and obsessive behaviour. They embrace this as a part of life and a fundamentally necessary stage towards enlightenment. Everyone tangles with the devil in their life and eventually folks either die and start the journey again or else fall under the shadow of the tower and hit rock bottom (so that they can then aspire to the star and renew their hope). In all things there is a purpose. Followers of the devil cause a certain kind of suffering with spiritual purpose - we must lose everything before we can gain true peace.

2 Likes

There are a lot of specific rules and wordings in DnD. Even in 5e where it is streamlined compared to earlier editions, there is a lot to remember. The cast DOES help one another out sometimes. However, for every person to be focused on remembering the rules for everyone else would distract from their ability to just play the game. Rules get forgotten both ways, and it evens out.

Additionally, if Adam makes a challenge and knows they have the means to solve it (be it combat or puzzle or whatever) it should not be his job at all to tell the characters what they have to solve the problem rules or otherwise. If he did that, he’s basically playing 75% of the game himself.

Finally, just so you don’t intentionally twist what I just said there, that does not mean if the player sees they have X ability and are unsure if it applies, that Adam should not provide clarity or that the cast can’t work together when there is a rules question.

Kinda like the Hanged Man, but with forced sacrifice rather than willful sacrifice?

A tip for Azriel. His great weapon master feat allows him to make an extra attack if he crits or kills his target, like he did during the fight. However, this attack uses his reaction and not his bonus action, so he has more room to do different things like moving his mark and such.

Edit nevermind I was mistaken

No, it uses a bonus action.

"You’ve learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits:

On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action.

Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack’s damage."

Well I’ll be damned… I was certain it used a reaction… my bad