itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E15 Q&A] Don't Tongue Berg / The Cindered Circle

New favorite character. If Snidge dies I am going to cry.

I kept rewatching sections of the vod. :itmejp10: episode

2 Likes

As long as he stays away from magical kobolds and Gideon’s dice rolls, he should be fine.

1 Like

Getting day9 to join CoS was a realy good idear! dear god that dude makes everything funny beond anything! 10/10 cant wait for next weeks show and the live show ofc! epic times comming SOON TM!

How long was Persnidgetron away before he warned them about the cindered circle? Long enough for the party to have gotten a short rest?

He was away for 3 to 4 hours to get the rabbit.

The problem is the players didn’t say they were taking a short rest while they waited, so they didn’t get one.

I thought they were pretty much setting up camp and were in the middle of a full rest?

I suppose that as nobody mentioned the mechanical effect of having the opportunity to “have a short rest”, they forgot about reaping its benefit.

Yes. If you interrupt a full rest you get none of its benefits.

Ah, well then that’s that I guess.

Adam, the end of that episode was super creepy. If it were a movie, Snidge investigating the cindered circle was where that high-pitched violin whine starts, and the audience’s hair starts to stand on end as everyone realizes things are about to turn for the worse…

Then they all go to investigate, and they have that scene where the characters think “we’re about to discover something interesting” and the audience is like “GTFO now!” I loved it. Never thought we’d get this kind of vibe from Court of Swords.

@AdamKoebel I recently started watching your Adventurers League campaign and I was really surprised by the significantly higher number of rules errors. It seems like you are more trusting of the players to know the rules and they repeatedly make mistakes whereas in CoS the players are more likely to ask the rules and you look them up yourself. Is it a conscious decision on your part to be more trusting of certain players to know the rules?

1 Like