itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E15 Q&A] Don't Tongue Berg / The Cindered Circle

laughs and lore, yo.

9 Likes

I don’t know if I just missed something in the giant toad fight but shouldn’t the second hit on berg (after being restrained) have an advantage?

This is by far the most I’ve laughed during a Rollplay session with the bare exception of Brumbpo Tungus.

1 Like

Maybe? Does grappling grant advantage?

Sean is a very funny man. I’m super happy to have him on the show.

4 Likes

The most important takeaway from this episode is that, apparently, black shirts feel oily

I just like feeling greasy I guess.

2 Likes

I’m 90 percent sure Persi is evil

I don’t know if grappling itself does but at least giant toad’s one should since it says the following: “Until this grapple ends, the targets is restrained”. I’m just wondering because it seemed at that point a tpk (which is of course very exciting :)) but this really turned the tides.

It does not, however the Giant Toad also Restrains, which does grant Adv.

For everyone else, PHB 290 for Grappling Rules, and Restrain is 292.

4 Likes

Can we get some love for Azure Vortex guys? She is an awesome NPC! By the way Adam, could there potentially be an arc where the party defect to the court of coins or would they be murdered for what they did? I’m not quite sure where they stand with the court of coins after all since all they really killed was some guards in a no mans land?

3 Likes

Hey Adam, I was wondering are you planning on using the normal rules for identifying a magic item, the variant ones, or something else new for this campaign? The rules for identifying a magic item are on Pg. 136 of the DMG, for easy lookup.

Azure is almost certainly leaving out the atrocities of the Court of Coins, either by ignorance (Genasi privilege) or intent. Too good to be true.

1 Like

Brumbpo Tungus is a legend and a hero

Not saying she isn’t but they would be a better option for the party (if they wont instantly get arrested and murdered) than being slaves.

1 Like

I have been so far, but this is a bit of a magical artifact, rather than just a magic item!

Question Adam!

I understand if this is spoilery, and cant be answered, but had you always planned the Beetle/Aliens things to have a construct twist? Or was that another example of a happy coincidence and Sean Plott’s incredible RNG? As DM, I obviously try to incorporate my players desires and beliefs into the game, I was wondering about this particular instance.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Adam, and that’s so cool!

I have not been closely following Court of Swords, but I caught this episode and really enjoyed its mix combat, plot, and humor. I look forward to the next episode.

I wonder whether the artificers of the Rock Gnome King possess a means of removing the the magical bracers.

I won’t go into the deep details or anything but the beetles yeah, have always been artificial entities. It’s a convenient fit though, isn’t it?

4 Likes