itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E08 Q&A] The Qinter Soldier

The beast is a metaphor for his feelings.

9 Likes

ONE MUUUUUUUUUUNNNCH!

4 Likes

It is always odd looking at the episode number for this series. It has only been 8 episodes but you have covered so much.

4 Likes

Yeah, it feels like its in its 20’s or something to me

i really hope we’ll go to eugene’s planet at some point

2 Likes

This happens a lot with FATE and FAE especially. The fights are fast and narratively driven, so action doesn’t slow down the pace of the game.

Fanart of “The Beast”

Also this.

15 Likes

That’s amazing. Now, all we need is Qin as Belle. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for responding to my request! The fact you do live fan art during the show is awesome.

1 Like

Yet another bonkers episode. That said, I have to say that @Strippin was MVP for the night; first with One Munch Man and then locking it in with that last second plot twist. Great use of turning a seemingly innocuous detail from a flashback scene into foreshadowing for a major storyline.

@AdamKoebel A question about compels during combat - Is it possible to use compels to change initiative orders or to have a character out of order? So, for instance, if someone had an aspect called “Unobservant” or something, could the character be compelled to be caught off-guard and go last even though the character’s should theoretically be earlier during the turn?

@Dexteritybonus Random realisation - If Eugene senses the world through the goo, does that mean he constantly tastes the ground he’s on? Ewww. :smiley:

2 Likes

My pleasure! The idea had me cracking up pretty hard. :joy:

Compelling hesitation is totally a thing!

1 Like

Inb4 Eugene’s “planet” is one planet sized slime and all slimes in the galaxy are to that as the mini-Eugenes are to him :itmejplol:

9 Likes

Seeing as how Eugene loses alphabets when he splits parts of himself off, would this mean that Planet Eugene would speak using alphabets we have yet to comprehend?! Oh god. Planet Eugene is Cthulhu!! :smiley:

8 Likes

@AdamKoebel

I’m wondering in all the SciFi shows this one gets compared to why no one that I’ve sceen mentions Farscape. Farscape is my all time favorite show/series of all time, and this show reminds me of it so much.

Just an observation and good job on another awesome episode!

1 Like

Do the shindels confirm that Swan-Song are in the same universe(or maybe the same multiverse perhaps…)? Please be truuuuuue, Swan Song will always be my favorite RollPlay show.

Maybe each Slime like Eugene contains one language. So if you find another one it won’t be able to speak Space English, but instead knows just one other random language.

Part of my job as GM is adjudicating what the stunts can and can’t do. Hacking things doesn’t mean making them do whatever you want - her stunt explicitly allows her to stop electronics from doing what they’re supposed to do. It has limits - like how Rex can only eat things of a certain size or how Eugene can only talk HIMSELF out of a situation.

2 Likes

I have to say: I enjoyed the mad-cap nature of the first half dozen episodes but now everyone is getting on top of the system I’m starting to find that aspect if it really interesting.

Part of me wonders how it would play in a more grounded setting - at the moment the tropes and things you’re hitting are really big and wild but I’m not seeing any reason why they couldn’t be much more mundane and also important to plot and character. Maybe one day we’ll get the touching ‘RollPlay: Pride and Prejudice (Fate Acc. Version)’, but until then this is really good fun.

The game does best under pulpy circumstances - characters change but rarely does anything bad happen to them. In that way, it’s a bit the inverse of Apocalypse World. I think it would do like, any relatively like “safe” kind of setting or style quite well.

1 Like