itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[E01] Nebula Jazz Premiere Episode!

Still think the Jacksonian aspect should have been “Bleat it”.

2 Likes

Dodger’s stunt only works on the willing. I compelled Sam to make sure he was unwilling to leave, countering the stunt or, rather, giving it a cost.

2 Likes

This joke is baaaaaad

3 Likes

Thank u thank u I do try

2 Likes

but it also could have been a gang wearing Pleats.

1 Like

@Strippin’s attack (borderlands freezeframe) made me think of this:

:snowflake: FREEZEFRAME :snowflake:

show me your moves

:arrow_lower_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_upper_right: :arrow_up:   :itmejpfist:

S H A R K A N O I D    P U N C H !

4 Likes

So, I’m watching the character creation vid this morning and boy did the pieces fall into place when she said the phrase “Slime version of Iago from Aladdin”, brilliant! Can’t wait to see more of the misadventures of this crew :smiley:

And now a question for Adam: How many hours of prepwork did this thing demand before you started the first session?

(It strikes me like the mechanics encourages some neat on the fly-world building so I guess it could boil down to establishing the basics and later just keeping up with how everyone describes the world during the play sessions.)

2 Likes

“The Safest Place in the Galaxy” might make for a good Stunt for Qin. Once per session, pull just the right thing out from… somewhere.

Semi-jokes aside, great episode! Looking forward to the rest of the crew’s crazy antics.

3 Likes

Truly the pants of holding. Its like Mary Poppins’ bag.

1 Like

In my honest oppinion, as someone who has watched every RP series since the start I belive this was probably my favourite Episode One ever! It deffenitly helps that its in the type of setting I love the most. Looking forward to the next one! <3

1 Like

Doctor Who Timelord pants. The pockets are bigger on the inside.

1 Like

The cloaca is bigger on the inside.

I think if all of your Stress boxes are filled out and you have no Consequences left, the next hit you take is going to take you out of the action. If the fiction makes sense for it, that could kill you.

1 Like

https://fate-srd.com/fate-accelerated/ouch-damage-stress-and-consequences

Basically when you still have to absorb damage after you have all stress boxes checked and three consequences written in you are at the complete mercy of whoever is inflicting the damage. If it’s possible in the fiction that that attack kills you, they can chose to do so.

But you can always give in earlier and then you get a say in what happens to you, so dying is rare.

1 Like

It’s a bit hard to quantify prep, that way. I spent a lot of time listening to music and going for walks and letting the game percolate in my brain but very little sitting down and writing. I tried to cultivate a landscape in my head that I could harvest for ideas in play, rather than create anything too nailed down.

The existence of the A’gara and the Mingassi Imperium, the Station and Kutul were all present before the session. Mostly everything else was made up on the spot.

3 Likes

I have a feeling that, like a MCU movie, there’s going to very very little death in this game. Which is cool, consequences are about failure, not just dying. Death is fine for D&D but in this game, I want the characters to change, not die. Including the NPCs.

Except that stupid penguin.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the Episode. I’ve played around with Dresden Files Fate, but this was something else. So much world building happening so fast. Getting a Space Dandy feeling to everything.

One of the things I wished was for villain aspects to be telegraphed a bit more. There was a lot of times you would spend fate to keep Slipknot in the fight. I wish there was some fiction to give a hint of how the baddie was persevering. To help differentiate how each fate spent counts as a different aspect. One to give the players something to latch on to, but also to give the audience some fun for guessing the aspects.

1 Like

Loved the episode! It’s great to have a sillier more RP focused Rollplay show again. I’m looking forward to the next one! Any plans to have a mirrorshades-esque system where the audience can vote for the MVP/Best RP and they get an extra fate point or something?

Loved the first episode, cast is great and love the new rule set, it really helps the players make it more interesting as its not so restrictive. Dodger is the best love her character and how enthusiastic she is playing the role. I would suggest though tthat when using a new rule set always explaining the dice results and what they mean before hand as it really helps the viewers figure out what is going on.

Also is it just me or does anyone else get a Farscape Vibe from this and dodger is Rygel, Jessie is Dargo, pocket is Chiana, and Sam is Scorpious mabey

Hmm, but doesn’t that make the stunt weaker than any normal aspect when it explicitly should be stronger than the rules?

I imagine the scene in my head where someone wants to fight something and Eugene just pulls them out, even against their will, because the stunt says it happens. “No, nooo, let me at them!!!”
At most he should be able to resist according to the normal rules by expending a fate point, or am I just misreading:

What’s the cost here?

2 Likes