itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

:\\decrypting date confirmed

Are you read now?

:thinking: Soo… a group of Norse vikings in space writing their first program lol

2 Likes

This whole weird semi-viral marketing bit… it’s pretty great.

Conspiracy theory jokes about Swan Song aside, the Ragnarok picture and the computer stuff is really throwing me through a loop. I can’t wait for whatever’s happening on 1.1.2017.

oh! what a lovely thread you have here! I’m so very excited to see what happens, myself.

I can’t tell if this pizza party person a Marketing ploy to tease a Swan Song return or just a very, overzealous fan. Either way…

Sup? Wanna party?

I see you. I see what you’re doing.

1 Like

I am so confused right now. It looks swan song related but I think its about the new show…

http://feedyoursoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/confused.jpg

Maybe they decided to set the new show in the new, alternate Swan Song universe? So it’s Swan Song related, but it’s own thing.

1 Like

yeah that is the current speculation on discord.

If so please have Howard return :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

If this isn’t a Swan Song reboot of some sort, then at this point it’s a cruel troll.

Swan Song was the only RollPlay show that I watched religiously. The stuff before it and after it were fine, but nothing grabbed me like that cast, that storytelling, and that amazing universe from Adam’s mind.

1 Like

I wasn’t serious when I commented that earlier, but now???

1 Like

current thinking is new cast and system (dodger, jesse etc with Fate accelerated) but in the swan song universe, which i’m cool with would be good to see some form of that universe through a different lens

1 Like

Don’t forget the 2nd date in the tweets when you speculate.

2.25.2017 is when Blades in the Dark has a live show. It´s a saturday so it fits with DJWheat work times, later today we´ll have an announcement on what the new show will be, the first episode will probably be within a couple of weeks. Alternatively the first episode of the new show will be aired the 2.25.2017.

1 Like

ah I see. At first I thought all the decrypting stuff was indicating the sci-fi theme.
Now though I can see it might mean decrypting secret Rollplay files (ie. 2 unrelated events to be announced).

Oh ofcourse, i´m just refering to the “date confirmed” decryptions.

It´s obviously a show set in swan song universe, “the pizza party” has made some fun posts in this forum and the twitter posts on ROLLPLAY screams swan song, I think it will be a different ruleset though, with more super hero / mass effect where we will follow a more variated cast of races with stories similar to the ones we see in Futurama / Rick and Morty. So the difference from the previous show set in the same universe will be the comedy relief. I´m just guessing about the nature of the show but it would be a different taste than what we can see from the other shows (although Geoff and Sean made a great comedy relief in CoS)

Speculating aside, I look really forward to seeing the announcement later today! :itmejpsword:

1 Like

Well, I mean, you said it was a Saturday that fits with DJ Wheat’s worktimes.

DJWheat was on Swan Song.

I was quite possibly doubting the likelihood of Swan Song returning more than I was Dark Heresy, but that seems to be what these cryptic tweets are trying to communicate.

No no, you read it wrong, I wrote BLADES IN THE DARK LIVE SHOW, alternatively it´s when the first episode of the new show airs. One or the other.

I’m still thinking the February date means a Liveshow of some sort. If it was the first Episode of something new, it would be very worrysome they wouldn’t find time before then (they wouldn’t have put that exact date if they planned on starting around then), especially considering January/February traditionally is a bit of a drought time regarding Videogames as well as adrevenue.

I was thinking earlier the two dates have a (strong) direct connection, with the whole pizza theme I’m no longer convinced it is, but I’m still expecting an announcement for today, regarding the new Scifi show, which appears to be a spiritual successor to Swan Song if nothing else.