itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Crew name suggestions

So many great suggestions! My personal favorites are:

Well, we’re all about to find out what they chose! See you there!

2 Likes

There are some pretty cool names tossed around in here, I’ll add The Revisers to the list :smiley:

Edit: Also, The Redactors.

2 Likes

If we’re going for names inspired by something related to books:

These are names of mythical books or names inspired by those books.

• The Galdrabók (Gahl-drah-bok) - an Icelandic grimoire, wikipage here

• Rauðskinna (Raw-skinner) meaning “red skin” another book about black magic. The subject of the book was to learn to master magic to such a degree as to control Satan

• Dup Shimati - The mesopotamian Tablet of Destiny. Whoever held this tablet was granted rulership over the universe (or great power).

• The Sybilline Books - A collection of oracular utterances that according to tradition were purchased from a sibyl by the last king of Rome

• or maybe the Sybelline Four / Sybelline Oracles

They could also just be called “The Codex” or “the codex - something

OH WAIT… here’s a really good one.

• Codex Ex Sanguis ( Ex “out of” or “from” + Sanguis “blood”)
3 Likes

“Hush” is a nice name. It’s also the expression people make in a library if you’re too noisy. Another word in the seemingly the same vein would be “Quietus”

Or you could just call them the “Dewey Decimals”.

Hand Shakers Kappa, No but Scholars is pretty much the best one yet.

Scholar seems to be repeating itself a lot.
If not that, maybe other versions of that, like “Savant” (which is also scholar in romanian) or "Erudite"

Apologies if already suggested, it just smacked me in the brain and I’m trying to post it before I forget it.

The Foreshadows. Because they’re this tiny, little detail in someone’s story. But, their inclusion in someone’s story, automatically foretells the conclusion of that story.

Then again, it sounded cooler in my head.

1 Like

The Dead Poets Society. Kappa

4 Likes

The Lettermen

thirteenfourteenfifteensixteenseventeeneighteennineteentwenty

I like @BlastRonin 's Last Word the most personally, but I don’t know that there can be much more than speculation until they do a few missions of their own choosing and develop their own style. There are a lot of great Ideas in there though. I’m excited to see what type of crew they become :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally agree. Lots of great ideas in this thread! The crew will come up with their own name on their own time. I’m sure the name will be awesome and tie in with their adventures. It certainly was fun coming up with our own ideas though.

And until they find their own name, let the speculation continue!! :adammrdr: :adamhobo:

3 Likes

Instead of Scholar, maybe make it sound like Skullar.

1 Like

I thought of this during the show today after someone said ‘Paint us a picture’ and I in my head added ‘A picture in crimson perhaps’

The Crimson Artists

Thats my suggestion.

1 Like

A couple of variations on an idea.

Unwritten Epilogues
Unwritten Finale
The Epilogue

Someone in chat today suggested “Murder Firm” . I like that it is using the noun as well as referencing Carriless

2 Likes

I’ve only started watching part 1 of the youtube-VODs just now, but given that Geoff assembled the crew it is pretty obvious to me that the crew name can only be “Evil Geniuses”…

1 Like

Perhaps something more like, The Unwritten would be something from what you are saying?

The Melville Bunch. after Melville Louis Kossuth Dewey creator of the Dewey Decimal System

Some interesting book and book binding terms that might spark something.

Anthropodermic bibliopegy or the practice of binding books in human skin.

Kettle Stitches. Used in book binding
Whip Stitching
Lock Stitches

Dust Jackets - paper used to protect a book from dirt or damage.

gazetteer -a list of place names given at the end of an atlas (book of maps), or in a dictionary that lists and describes places

recto verso - refer to the text written on the “front” and “back”
sides of a leaf of paper in a bound item such as a codex, book,
broadsheet, or pamphlet.

Book ends.

1 Like

Since Mr Firm appears to be the leader how about ‘The Firm Hand’?

1 Like

Well since it is a library and they are assassins, why not The Late Returns?

1 Like