itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E83 // Q&A] Maru Bavati

I would say it did.
Adding quest XP to all the XP they already get, assuming they chose goals wisely as they have lately, would possibly be overcompensating for not giving combat XP.

1 Like

It would make sense that Berg and Ramus would keep going together. Their goals can sort of align.

They seemed to be struggling a bit with the issue of some of them really wanting to play a new character and the others either not being super into playing another new character or being just cool with playing one.

Since Dan seemed to be the most enthusiastic about playing a new character and Max has been playing Berg for so long and has always said he relishes playing new characters, it would make sense for the Yoji and Kalimat arc to be the first to happen.

The issue comes from Ramus’ quest being time sensitive and thus not making a lot of sense to have it happen only after Yoji and Kalimat’s adventure. They could always have the two arcs (or however many arcs) be concurrent in time but JP didn’t seem too jazzed to play yet another character for that to be possible. A solution for that could be guests. It’s a perfect time to bring on guests if the main cast is busy or wants a little break.

Anyway I’m glad they don’t seem too inclined towards a time skip cause it makes no fictional sense to have time skips and there being no mechanical change to the characters, as it happened with the 10 year skip. (Unless, of course, it’s like it happened in the vault and with Berg’s Heaven adventure, where time passed for everyone but the characters) If they were all up to playing new characters I would love to see a new group of characters on a completely different part of the world but have those events happen concurrent to the Brass City arc so that they can always come back to playing Berg, Ramus, Kali and Yoji with no time skip necessary.

Couldn’t the two sequences just be happening concurrently, even if they do Yoji/Kalimat first? They could just time skip backward to Berg/Ramus afterward.

This. Also, I’m sure they could fudge the timeline a bit if JP wants to play Yoji in both arcs.

They waffled a lot on whether or not this was like, a party quest. I think the award XP for the arc is good. We’ll officially name quests for whatever comes after, and award accordingly.

2 Likes

I know the groups keen on splitting up and they can go wherever they want to but I’m going to throw out there. Imix quest would possibly take them back towards the valley which could lead back to going underground to find Agnis brother. I’m going to bet the mechanical brass dragon has some sort of tie in with real dragons. This would lead to the dragon arc. And then all they would need was a reason to go to the court of swords to face the necro king and at the rate they are leveling that would place them near level 20. Bringing the show full circle for a conclusion. Before a rebrand of the show that starts from scratch with all new level 1 characters taking place after all this. Court of Swords and court of wands are rebuilding or rebuilt at that point. The other courts are possibly rebuilding after the group inevitably destroys them by accident as well. Just saying full circle.

2 Likes

The only thing that would prevent the two from being concurrent would be if JP and Zeke are more inclined to play their current characters. JP specially is tired of changing characters. I might have not been too clear on that. Otherwise, if they don’t mind playing different characters they can be concurrent with no issue at all. They might fudge the timeline a bit to accommodate everyone, as Olf said, but that just muddles things in my opinion.

That’s a good point. I know it probably won’t happen, but I kind of want some really focused interactions between Kalimat/Yoji and Berg/Ramus without any other characters. I really love those character pairings and would enjoy some more 1 on 1 stuff.

1 Like

Damn, it didn’t occur to me until now because we were so focused on this episode being the end of the 30 episode long City of Brass arc but this episode was pretty much the end of the 80 episode long Hassan arc as well.
He was there from almost the very beginning. Mind blowing.

5 Likes

Take the land that must be taken :smiley:
Can’t wait for more to come you are awesome @AdamKoebel

Oh boy, I am so ready for an Arc where PCs just go and awaken all the old gods, if that happens it will probably be the next big Arc, probably even longer than this one but it will quite literally reshape the rules of this world.

Oh God the withdrawals are starting to set in…
I need my CoS fix in some form or another. :tired_face:

4 Likes

First, these are awesome. Nice work.
I feel though like you should add Adam to that list. For all the shit he gets for rolling incredibly well it would be nice to have the same visual representation as the players.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ll start adding Adam’s rolls next season. But one problem is that his rolls only show the results with no modifier, so I can’t add his actual d20 rolls.

1 Like

dont bother, we all know adam uses rollhax lol

GM Prep for season 5 of Cos has been posted to Adam’s YouTube channel. If you missed the stream be sure to watch it. Be aware it is spoiler heavy

1 Like

We now the modifiers for the other players because we can see their char sheet?

No, but the rolls show the modifier in brackets for the players. Unfortunately not for Adam’s rolls:

RollExample

Will you hav players get mental effects the more they meddle with the eldritch like maddnes or slowly losing affinity with humanity and things that have life