itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E80 // Q&A] Out of the Drawer

Tonal shifts all over the place and the fate of the city another step towards the end!

5 Likes

I am the sadness. :itmejps:

Week 80 roll results and statistics:

Ramus Krill (DansGaming):
Roll 1
  • type: Save
  • Skill: Charisma
  • Roll: 16
  • Modifier: +4
  • Result: 20
  • Advantage: 0
Roll 2
  • Skill: Constitution
  • Roll: 2
  • Modifier: +3
  • Result: 5
Roll 3
  • Roll: 8
  • Result: 11
Roll 4
  • type: Skill check
  • Skill: Athletics
  • Roll: 4
  • Modifier: 0
  • Result: 4
  • Advantage: -
Roll 5
  • Roll: 3
  • Modifier: +5
  • Result: 8
Roll 6
  • Skill: Initiative
  • Roll: 5
  • Modifier: +2
  • Result: 7
Roll 7
  • Skill: Perception
  • Roll: 14
  • Modifier: +9
  • Result: 23
Roll 8
  • Skill: Stealth
  • Roll: 12
  • Modifier: +12
  • Result: 24

Kalimat Alfida (Ezekiel_III):
Roll 1
  • Skill: Investigation
  • Result: 18
Roll 2
  • Roll: 10
  • Result: 15
  • Advantage: +
Roll 3
  • Roll: 19
  • Result: 22
  • Advantage: +
Roll 4
  • Roll: 13
  • Modifier: +1
  • Result: 14
Roll 5
  • Roll: 15
  • Result: 16
Roll 6
  • Roll: 20
  • Result: 21
Roll 7
  • Roll: 11
Roll 8
  • Skill: Perception
  • Roll: 12
  • Modifier: +4
Roll 9
  • Roll: 5
  • Modifier: +20
  • Result: 25
Roll 10
  • Skill: History

Yoji (itmeJP):
Roll 1
  • Skill: Strength
  • Modifier: +10
  • Result: 30
Roll 2
  • Roll: 10
  • Result: 13
Roll 3
  • Roll: 13
Roll 4
  • Result: 20
Roll 5
  • Roll: 7
  • Modifier: +6
Roll 6
  • Roll: 18
  • Modifier: +17
  • Result: 35
Roll 7
  • Modifier: +6
Roll 8
  • type: Attack
  • Roll: 15
  • Modifier: +9
  • Result: 24
  • Hit: +
  • Damage: 0

Average Results
  • Ramus Krill: 12.750
  • Kalimat Alfida: 18.500
  • Yoji: 21.250

Average Rolls
  • Ramus Krill: 8.000
  • Kalimat Alfida: 14.100
  • Yoji: 14.875

Overall average (since Week 74)
Results
  • Ramus Krill: 16.797
  • Kalimat Alfida: 17.196
  • Berg: 16.327
  • Yoji: 16.833
Rolls
  • Ramus Krill: 11.847
  • Kalimat Alfida: 11.490
  • Berg: 10.816
  • Yoji: 11.350
2 Likes

Amazing episode… I love how Adam synced up Berg’s time skip with everyone else.

2 Likes

Great episode!

The silliness of how to get out of the drawer was just so remeniscent of ‘Honey I Shrunk The Kids’, though in this case it would be ‘Honey I Shrunk The Party’ lol.

I felt Ramus’ disappointment at not being able to actually retrieve his soul, but at least now he knows exactly where it is, he just needs to last long enough to make it back to the Court of Swords and find out if the key actually does lead to Heaven or if Kukrit lied and it leads somewhere else.

Finding out about Hassan’s true relationship to The Immortals was mind blowing, I’d seen theories that he was somehow related to them, but to have that confirmed and to find out on top of it that Hassan had had his soul split just like Ramus’ was a masterstroke. That’s how Hassan knew how to ‘save’ Ramus, he did the exact same thing that had been done to him, except slipped Ramus’ other half under a dusty shelf rather than deposit it in The Devil’s Vault.

5 Likes

So, about Hassan.

What I’m thinking is that Hassan and his other half, and probably the Immortals aswell, are like Agni: their Body and Soul are one in the same. But on Hassan’s case, he’s the lower soul and “Key” Hassan is the higher soul - or the other way around, correct me here, please, @AdamKoebel - Hassan being the part that retains memory and personality, the part the gets erased when a soul goes trough the wheel.

Meaning he would be similar to Ramus, except the Ramus we see is a simulacrum of that part of his soul… Like a carbon copy! (What a pun! XD) That would give some credit to how he could know and be able to do what he did to Ramus and get away with it.

I also have a suggestion, @AdamKoebel : If they ever end up in Heaven, in that room, trying to get Ramus’ soul P L E A S E leave a paper airplane on the desk, ready for them to fly on top of. XD

1 Like

Not to take credit out of Adam’s creativity, but I think there’s a high probability that he saw that same theory on Hassan and the Immortals and just made it true cuz it was too good not to xD

And I had the same exact realization you did on Hassan and how he knew what to do with Ramus, except he didn’t split Ramus’ soul. He is in fact souless. His whole soul is in Heaven. What I think Hassan did was to copy Ramus’ lower soul, the bit that retains his personality while inhabiting a body, to his new body. Kinda like a carbon copy! (pun not intended but not regretted XD)

2 Likes

Ok sooo… time passed faster in the vault. Then the real question is how long a time passed?

That ending shot on all their faces. Poor fucking Kalimat, everything has been shitting on him

Glares at Adam

I have to know was there an actual trick to getting out of the drawer? And did the long rest in the drawer cause the time shift or was that always going to happen?

Also I feel so bad for Kalimat he gave up his knife for Maude and lost her anyway.

1 Like

Welcome to court of swords

1 Like

I don’t think time necessarily passed faster (it could have); they just spent a long time in the vault, like a couple days. Also remember, the whole arc after returning to the city of brass has been like a week or two (I think), so the whole destruction of the city has been moving pretty fast. Now that the fighting has mostly been resolved, with the immortals’ and Heaven’s (with the exception of the tower) forces no longer in the picture, there isn’t anyone really left to stop the farang from space elfing up the whole city.

1 Like

It’s such a delight to roll this one out tonight.

2 Likes

I suppose we’ll have to wait and see! It’s been long enough that the war is all but over and the Farang have all but won…

1 Like

I loved this episode. The first half was especially enjoyable, it was so DND, if that makes sense? It is one of those episodes that takes me through almost the entire spectrum of emotions. That ending… goosebumps

1 Like

The group had multiple long rests in the vault? By doing so, its safe to say the time dilation went on long enough for all this too happen. Noice.

1 Like

Point of Minutiae.
Red hot is actually a fairly similar temperature range for most materials. Temperature plays a much bigger factor in whether something is incandescing than the properties of the object itself.
What other properties the material will have at that heat vary dramatically based on temperature.
Most objects (especially metals) glow a dark red at around 700 C and a light red at around 900 C.
Since the melting point of lead is 327.5 C raising lead to red hot would definitely melt it, same with tin, pewter, and zinc.
Most metals need to be heated to significantly higher temperatures to melt.

Definitely not correcting anything that happened in the episode, but in case this comes up again I thought that it was interesting.

6 Likes

@AdamKoebel You mentioned a long time ago, back in the village in the court of swords, that each city (maybe province can’t remember) has a page, Knight, a king, and a queen. And as the page was dying a black lotus death you said the village would then begin searching for the reincarnation of the page once they died. Do the revelations from this episode mean that each of these leadership structures have a fifth void member that over the years have been forgotten and they’ve lost track of its reincarnation? Or is this void member thing specific to the city of brass?

1 Like

This episode has me wondering if the Maad they met in the Devil’s temple was ever real at all… :thinking:

4 Likes

This is the content I come here for. Thank you!

4 Likes