itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E79 // Q&A] Heaven's Hammer and the Thing in the Woods

Also, for that last fight with all those performance checks I was waiting to hear the “Everyone mark inspiration if you haven’t” lol. :stuck_out_tongue: everything was just so OTT.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’ve answered this in another episode’s thread, but where do you get the ideas and inspiration for the designs of all the different gods? Their designs are so unique and detailed and unlike any real world analog that I can find. How do you think it all up?

@AdamKoebel is there any chance of berg get stat buffs due to the fact that he is now a machine whether hes aware of it or not in particular intelligence , & wisdom?

also is berg completly immune to rust monsters just wondering becuase his intire body is made of enchanted metal? also a follow up to this question does his body count as armor & or would it if he ever becomes aware he is a construct of metal like built in magical def?

also i noticed you said 8 months have past for berg i have a few questions about this 1 is time in the devils vault moving slower then the out side world and heaven? / or does time move faster in heaven and in the vault? 2 considering 8 months have past on earth assuming the players are successful how much more of the city do you think would have been destroyed?

also in this episode berg came off much more as a monk then a berserker im not that familar with how class changing works but is that something he can do???

1 Like

I just woke up thinking about @AdamKoebel and the following realization came to my mind: What if “Big Brother”, the god of happiness that got corrupted and hoards all happiness to themselves, is actually The Devil Arcana? I mean, the devil is all about hanging on to things and it seems that’s what “Big Brother” is doing? That may be a stretch, but man, just imagining Berg as the man who killed THE Devil? OOF, I’M HYPED.

3 Likes

@AdamKoebel Anyone who has watched Rollplay knows that JP can shift into Troll mode at any moment, (and I meant this in the best and most entertaining way possible) what would have happened if during the Meta DnD game Yoji had taken out his new arrow and fired it at the DM God? And I understand if you can’t answer this until after we find out more about the arrow.

Lots of different places! Hindu and Buddhist mythology, the Exalted roleplaying game, the Kill Six Billion Demons comic book, Miyazaki movies - all inspirations. Sometimes I just let my brain combine weird images and see what it comes up with.

3 Likes

So, there’s no actual personification of any of the Arcana - they’re divine concepts rather than entities and spells are granted to clerics by their adherence to the strictures of those concepts. So you can’t meet the Devil, exactly, but every god in Heaven serves some bureaucratic aspect of the Arcana…

2 Likes

We’ll learn more about Willow Weeps for Her Father when the time is right.

2 Likes

Hello
@AdamKoebel Would it be possible for you to show us the most recent EXP rules, in writing or in video?
I have been using similar exp system in my D&D games for past year, but your system seems superior to mine.
If they are already somewhere, I haven’t found them.

Yeah, they’re in one of the RollPlay Patreon Zine back issues, actually. I don’t have the issue number at hand but someone might?

I believe it’s in Issue 16

But you did say that there is an actual Tower in heaven…does that mean there is a Star there as well?

Each Arcana has a sacred district, temple, locus or other physical home in Heaven.

1 Like

@AdamKoebel Berg comes back as a construct, cutscene to Persnidgetron barfing his guts out

At the start of the the City of Brass arc Ramus received a boon which was +1 to his spell save DC.

4 Likes

He increased his DC with his love letter choice.

My mistake.

@AdamKoebel I know you say here that there are no personifications of the actual Arcana, and maybe I’m remembering it wrong or you’ve just changed your mind which is fair; because when Berg ‘woke up’ one time in the ‘lab’ you described a lady talking with Little Brother (and possibly Fei) who had a very soothing voice and you said at the time that she was The Star and that the ‘lab’ was in her district of Heaven.

So she wouldn’t be actually be The Star then? If she were to ever appear again would we find out that she’s just the God in charge of the concept of The Star?

What a fun episode! I can’t wait for the next!

yeah she’d be an embodiment, a powerful priest or aspect of the star.

2 Likes