itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E62 Q&A] Mo'gak & Sothe, the Father of Black Sand

A river in a dry land
The last ace in a lost hand

9 Likes

would you allow max to multiclass into warlock/hexblade now that he has a weird magical weapon?

God I really want to know what that 6 means after kalimat’s enocounter with the elder hopefully youll explain in the post show what might happen because of it.

2 Likes

Can you share how he was cursed and if Ramus guess was correct? Because his guess seemed like some human bias.

[spoiler]when the god of fire burned the valley did he kill snake god? or is there a fight going on between the two[/spoiler]

So, just to confirm, Mo’gak is definitely gonna have a little dragon orc baby right?

3 Likes

So way back in the show Berg awakened the black snake god thing, and now we have a mention of an Orcish god that is a black worm. Same thing or nah?

1 Like

Oh man, I can’t WAIT for Saturday!! This episode had some fantastic moments for each of the characters. Excellent RP and storytelling all around.

I wasn’t expecting to learn about Heaven’s return policy, but I’m sure glad I did :itmejplol:

5 Likes

Ahhh cannot wait for Saturday’s show. This episode had so much WIN I almost forgot it was CoS. Kappa Well done, cast and DM! <3

Fire god hasn’t burnt the valley yet. The party still needs to give him Agni’s message.

Definitely saw some front movements in the session, so cool to see what happens next!

Didn’t have to use all the prep, but hope some of your other thoughts from your prep get applied to future ideas ([spoiler]Gnolls and the Tortle “City”[/spoiler])!!

Having the Orc tribe be Matriarchal was awesome and I definitely liked the slow introduction of some of these more primordial entities coming into play - if so desired.

With seeing the power of the Black Sand, Berg might even want to make a few totems to him :wink:

Can’t wait to see what happens in the next prep stream and the live-live show! I am curious how you’ll treat the goal XP in the longer form version. Not sure if anyone is in range to level in the first half.

EDIT:: So much awesome stuff happened at that end that I completely forgot [spoiler]about the re-attuning scene with Berg and the Farang and how Ramus is starting to get snippets[/spoiler]. I loved that scene and how it transpired but holy crap so much happened the session! Had to edit in more GUSH!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

the weapon itself has no intelligence or anything so probably no? i’d maybe consider it.

Also [spoiler]Nakana’ino worships a snake god sleeping in the Coins jungle, not the valley.[/spoiler]

i’d say there’s a 1-in-6 chance

8 Likes

This show continues to amaze me with how incredible the story and RP are, to the point that I’m starting to feel like a broken record praising it. I do have a couple comments and questions, though.

1. Assuming Kali actually empreganted Mo’gak, I am so incredibly invested in what racial traits Kalimat’s baby will have. Superficially, an Orc with blue scales and frills would look so cool, and game-wise (although NPC’s are rarely treated like players), a mix of dragon-born and Half-Orc abilities would both be so metal and OP. Really hope that Adam confirms it, either here or in the post show, and manages to give us a scene of some sort involving the child after it’s born.

2. The heavy focus on the power of choices and perception of the self versus other’s perception of you with both of the Farang (Assuming that’s both what Tulpa is and what Kali released from the oubliette) seems to me very deeply inspired by Existential philosophy. As far as I know, it seems to be very deeply rooted in the concepts of someone’s perception of something being more important than the reality of it, and claiming that the only true way to spiritually die is to lose the ability to make choices. Am I imagining this connection, and if i’m not, is it intentional?

3. @AdamKoebel It seems like most of the party is getting close to leveling. If you guys do decide to handle goals during the break, and somebody levels, do you plan to resolve the level up during the show, or just wait until the next episode to avoid hassle?

4. Finally, I’m sadly most likely going to miss most of the live show on Saturday. I might be able to catch the first bit before my plane leaves, but I’ll almost certainly miss the end. I was wondering if JP had any plans to try to get the whole show up on YouTube before Tuesday’s show? Even if he sticks with the 2 hour format that they have been in lately, the last two hours wouldn’t get up before tuesday… I’d hate to miss two shows in a row, but I’m used to missing shows this time of year. The bad thing about sharing my Birthday with Rollplay is I tend to miss all of the cool anniversaryish stuff that happens around it.

Sorry for the long post! Tried to keep in concise, but obviously failed…

2 Likes

So I was thinking about everything. The fountain/arcana(Somewhat hard to distinguish the two) is about fate. And one becomes one with the fountain following their fate. I see the Mara as the inverse, those who goes against their own fate refusing it.

But the Elves are those who the Fountain does not apply. They are foreigners. The Fountain has no fate to something alien towards it. It has no plans/fate towards them. They even seem to preach choice, not fate. To put it in philosophic terms ‘humans’ are offered a Hobson’s choice. They can either choose to accept their fate or not, but they still are playing the fountain’s game even if they don’t. But the Elves? No one asked the to play the game. They are the guys who show up at the table already in middle of the game like “I want some of this Fountain stuff” breaking all the rules.

@AdamKoebel As you were going over the goals and giving EXP, I was wondering if you had thought of changing the system a little so that rather then giving EXP based off the characters level, and the level of difficulty of the goal related to it’s encounter difficulty, to something like, the highest level of the party related to the difficulty of the goal?

That way rather then tracking the parties different levels and what they would get on their goals, it just tracking one table.

Also awesome show and the new system seem to be working out nicely for everyone.

1 Like

Warlock has a minimum CHA score prerequisite to be met before multi-classing, same with most classes. So, going by the rules, that wouldn’t be possible at this stage.

I just want to say that I love the role-playing in this episode, it was so amazing! I especially love all of the small details the cast and Adam add, especially Zeke. I really wanna give him props for role-playing speaking a different language and how it changes his composure and everything. It would have been easy for him to just go like “I ask ‘this thing’ in Orcish” but he instead did what made sense to his character and have Kalimat speak Orcish poorly, which allowed for some wonderful character moments and scenes, especially the scene with Kel which I loved. Maybe it wasn’t really a big deal for most people, but I just really appreciated the realism of speaking a difficult language and you probably haven’t spoken in years. He did the same thing with Draconic a few episodes ago and I loved it then too.

4 Likes

Zeke is a god damn cavalcade of excellent role-player behaviour. Between his willingness to do the thing that makes the scene go, Dan’s mastery of the rules and Max’s wide-eyed enthusiastic fearless portrayal of Berg, we’re living large in CoS town these days. DAMN.

9 Likes