itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E61 Q&A] Hope Is Foreign To You

Its a meme now.

Nobody can ever change their alignment. There are like, 555 billion souls or whatever and they’re divided among the signs, and if your soul is Fire you’re ALWAYS a Fire soul. That’s built in, from incarnation to incarnation.

Haha. Ylimits

I was wondering about that number… 555 billion souls! Isn’t that number low? If someone is bad, they’d be punished and be reincarnated as a lower form of life. Are insects part of this cycle? If so, the number of souls should be significantly larger, guessing by the size of the world that we encountered…

Now I’m in the rabbit whole and wondering how one would be a good or a bad ant.

it’s a stand-in for like “all the souls” i’m not sure what the precise number would be, nor is it relevant outside like, a spiritually significant context.

1 Like

I just want to be a good ant.

1 Like

Some temple, somewhere on the outskirts totally did the calculations.

And they are now trying to decipher the true formula for how that number came to be…

however those who approach knowing this equation all begin to turn mad…

@AdamKoebel, I have a question that’s not exactly tied to this episode, but something I’ve been thinking about since I watched the Roundtable. Is it possible in the CoS universe to revive people that have died? I know that Ramus used Revivify on the Kirin that brought him back (if not for about 1 second) and I was wondering how that works. How long does it take for the soul to go to heaven? How long does it take for it to get put into another body?

On that note, [spoiler]If Berg dies and his Dark Passenger (who I know has changed somewhat) gets into and corrupts the fountain, would Berg be able to be revived? Or would that be an entirely different conversation since the Fountain is the source of Cleric’s powers?[/spoiler] Thank you for all of your hard work. I love this series so much.

I am now curious if the alignment of a soul is balanced, are there as much water as there are fire? Some other things to consider are does the fountain like one more than the others so those souls become one with it faster?

Some other theorizing is… Perhaps what the fountain’s purpose is trying to create a god by purifying all the human souls, humans are capable of higher level thought but is trying to make all of them do it. But humans also are horrible people so, it is creating the Mara. It makes me think that as long as humanity ignores the Mara, even though their souls are getting ‘cleansed’, Mara are going to stay. They truly just need to accept their evil deeds.

This is reminding me of WoW: Mist of Pandria which also was based off of Chinese lore, the Sha were representations of bad thoughts aka the Mara.

There are five alignments, so he was probably implying they are all balanced when he chose 555 billion as a stand in number. However, he has stated void is rarer than the other four, so I suppose the exact balance is debatable… Also this might be wrong, but I think Adam has mentioned that the Mara came into existence when the Arcana were created, with the fountain predating them, so having the Mara and reincarnation be part of the fountain’s function seems strange.

From the fountain view, where “good” means following your destiny, I assume being a “stupid” animal like an ant (ants are sneaky smart collectively, an individual ant is dumb af) makes it fairly easy to follow - your instincts should align with your destiny. Unless, of course, the fountain is playing a cruel joke on you

Making the insect lives basically a form of “serving time” before getting incarnated as a higher level individual with more volition