itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E58 Q&A] It Was All Going So Well

You absolutely got Zeke’s number with that situation. There is no universe where he just walks away. No power greater than choice.

4 Likes

LOL. Love it.

1 Like

I guess so!

I want to present tempting choices to my players. I love when I am right.

4 Likes

Trying to decide if the title is a pun or not.

Adam I love how you tempted Kali. You gave him what he wanted but not so much that you gave him what he really wanted(a female dragonborn) and made it seem like a trap so it was not a ‘this is too good to be true’ kind of thing.

Also it might have just been me, but Utrix seemed very…lonely. He seems to be trying to create things to fill his loneliness, but really those things will just be something that he created, hence just another part of himself, still making himself lonely.

This episode kind of reminded me of Undertale. You can walk away from the game, and everything will be ‘happy’. But no, you have to do it, you have to go and do that decision that will mess everything up, just because you want to see what will happen.

2 Likes

You are SO right.

1 Like

always, yes.

2 Likes

The tower’s shadow falls everywhere. You can’t get away from that shit.

1 Like

Since the source of the water was contaminated and destroyed, is the water collected beforehand still good? or because the fountain was destroyed, does it no longer have any power? Second question, this is just conjecture but before the hammer was dropped into the fountain you planning on letting kalimat wake up the next morning( with Xeridas stopping kalimat or the elf) so does that mean that because Xeridas is now dead that kalimat wont just wake up the next morning? Also great episode, cant wait to see next what happens next!

It would be… hilarious?.. if it turns out that the Tower (or its highest agents) intended for this to happen. Seek out the pretender gods, bring all they’ve wrought to ash.

2 Likes

Nobody has crossed the level 8 threshold so we’re still looking at level 5 characters!

1 Like

Now remember, the Tower is without intelligence - an aspect of the fountain created by man and embodying only destruction but a very specific Arcana-mandated type of destruction.

The whole “until you wake up in your bed” was a metaphor, rather than literally “you wake up in your bed” i just mean the opening of the door blanks a big chunk of his memory.

oh so will it only be 1 character that needs to hit level 8 to unlock it for the rest since before i remember it being the entire main cast had to reach 8 before it became availble to everyone

oh, no they totally all have to get there

2 Likes

That Hammer and Fountain scene was so exciting! I’m not sure if I’m remembering correctly, but Berg’s shadowy passenger could ostensibly corrupt the Fountain in Heaven based on what we learned from people investigating Bergs soul right? So later on when at one point it was described that Bergs hammer had some dark essence infused with it when Salihafa cast Identify on the hammer it seems as if Bergs soul passenger was starting to taint the hammer in some fashion.

Then we have the hammer getting submersed in the replica Fountain with the tiny part of Berg’s soul passenger and it getting corrupted and destroyed. It’s like a small factor test for what would happen if Berg died and his soul, and it’s shadowy passenger, went through the Fountain in Heaven.

I hope I’m connecting this correctly, this is amazing. I love how the story is flowing, I wonder what would happen if the group managed to get to Heaven to retrieve Ramus’s soul. With Berg being with them, it seems like it would spark the downfall of Heaven.

1 Like

This is all GM-prep level secret shit so I’m going to spoiler-text it [spoiler]the thing that seems to have latched on to Berg is part of a collective of very interested colonists who want to feed off of the world’s power, if it were to gain access to the Fountain directly, it would be Very Fucking Bad for the universe. A Berg in Heaven is a dangerous thing indeed.[/spoiler] Your observations are very astute.

2 Likes

Even though he’s kind of taken a back seat, im the back of my mind I’m wondering if Hassan has been watching all of this (or at least knows who these wizards are) or if he’s just sitting around twiddling his thumbs until Berg and company make it back to the Courts. I’m also curious as to how much time has passed in the outside world while they were in Utrix’s realm.

1 Like

The life steal is tied to Berg himself, not the hammer.

If the scale is from Morgan’s character(or her race), I’d love to see an episode with her back as a cameo. Maybe she would meet with Ramus/Berg only since she would know them. Also would love a cameo episode with Sean if they head back to those caves to help the elemental there.

All in all, these past two episodes have been amazing. So glad for the changes made, it has grown this show into something special.