itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[COURT OF SWORDS // E54 Q&A] Big Berg, Baby

he’s huge in the underground.

6 Likes

If Ramus keeps on doing this, there will be some management problems in Heaven. At least there will be some poor celestial office worker getting seriously questioned by their superior.

2 Likes

Does every creature that Berg kills with necrotic damage have a unique effect, or is it just variations of the same things such as languages? Thanks!

What just happened?? This continues to be a standout season and I’m loving every minute of it.

if the necrotic damage is what kills 'em off there is a chance the shard will consume the thing. i think there are some effects that vary but mostly i just wing it based on what happened in the moment.

3 Likes

thanks! i’m having so much fun creating and exploring with these nerds.

1 Like

I think in a previous episode the necrotic damage took out a Darkling and instead of their little death flare Berg was literally set on fire for a few rounds, so I think it’s at least somewhat tailored to the creature consumed by his weird soul parasite.

Also, somewhat surprised nobody went for Notorious BE.R.G.

1 Like

Question, not this session but last session, did they have to worry about the dead bodies who came and tried to kill them? I mean those were the ones who they went to magistrate and said they owned Berg, so couldn’t they just have went to them and say “Those guys tried to kill us and take Berg, so we had to defend ourselves.” and not worry about getting caught?

I mean it is not like they walked into someone’s home and murdered them, they came to murder the party. I almost feel this kind of comes off as any time you kill someone you have to hide it. It just felt like it wasted a lot of time, though I enjoyed the rp.

Since the Dwarf’s memories are pretty faded in Berg now, is there any way they could come back to him in any way? I image not, but I think it might be cool if he gets random déjà vu moments, even if they don’t help him at all.

2 Likes

I absolutely loved this episode. These characters are some of my favorite on the series, and I love getting to watch as thing spiral out of control. Super interested in getting some answers about Berg and Ramus’s strange conditions!

It was sort of a near miss passing off their “ownership” of Berg IIRC, maybe it was just a case of not wanting to push their luck or draw even more attention to themselves?

1 Like

Every week I enjoy more and more the idea that Ramus might be the only person that Bergs “curse” (bad luck, tower’s shadow etc) can’t kill, since it only seems to kill people Berg cares about, and Ramus is a massive jerk, and it’s already killed him.

2 Likes

definitely a possibility

3 Likes

I’m not sure how well the theory holds up considering the shard “gifted” three different people three different powers, but I’m a little curious whether or not the shard was just a repository of weird psionic magic, or if (in true D&D psionics fashion) the interdimensional elves have some kind of non-biological step in their life cycle.

The way things have gone so far, someone could probably make an equally compelling case for Weird Magic, Space Ghost or Horrifying Soul Larva.

1 Like

This episode really pointed out how much better the new policy for battles is. Even though the fight was fairly easy it would have been so weird if a bunch of goons were super powerful just because the party happens to be at the level they are.

Meanwhile, in the Celestial Bureaucracy

4 Likes

I imagined the jar falling off the shelf.

Adam linked an image of Gamera in chat and I had to do it.

10 Likes

You’re doing god’s work

Anyone have a link for the shirt?