itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Xanathar's Guide to Everything

During the Stream of Annihilation this is another book they announced. It’s similar to Volo’s Guide in that it has player and DM options. They’ll have additional subclasses, it’ll be cool for the guys to have more options on Court of Swords. I hope JP and Adam do a review on Patreon when it comes out like they did with Volo’s Guide.

Explore a wealth of fantastic new rules options for both players and Dungeon Masters in this supplement for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

Assembled here for the first time is new information on adventurers of every stripe. In addition, you’ll find and valuable advice for those of nefarious intent who must deal with such meddling do-gooders, including the Xanathar’s personal thoughts on how to dispatch anyone foolish enough to interfere with his business dealings. Alongside observations on “heroes” themselves, the beholder fills the pages of this tome with his personal thoughts on tricks, traps, and even treasures and how they can be put to villainous use.

Complete rules for more than twenty new subclasses for fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons, including the cavalier, the inquisitive, the horizon walker, and many more.

Dozens of new feats and spells, and a system to give your character a unique, randomized backstory.

A variety of systems and tools that provide Dungeon Masters new ways to personalize their home games, while also expanding the ways players can engage in organized play and shared world campaigns.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but evil is in its heart!

The Xanathar…
Waterdeep’s most infamous crime lord, and a beholder to boot…
You’d be shocked to discover just how much he knows about you…
Yes, you… adventurers.

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/xanathars-guide-everything

3 Likes

Finally we’ll see some of the Unearthed Arcana stuff finalized in an official book! Excited to see what changes they make from the UA as half my players use UA classes/sub-classes :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely would be neat to get another patreon video of JP and Adam going through some of the cool stuff.

1 Like

Agreed same here, I hope they’re polished up nicely.

They were both talking about doing a video for it in the last patreon CoS video so i think it will happen but i believe adam said it dosent come out till November i think so will be a while

2 Likes

@AdamKoebel In your CoS prep video you mention that when the Mystic class is released you would be very interested in adding it to the world of Court of Swords.
The Mystic and Artificer have been published to the Dungeon Masters Guild and any revisions to those classes will be published as updates on the DMG.
Any chance we will see either class in play before Xanathar’s Guide is released?

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-update

I think he mentioned that he wanted elves magic in COS to be psionic based and not based in magic. I’m pretty sure he didn’t mention the mystic class at all except that it is psionic based as well.

@Appaomega is right Adam did mention the Mystic, I just don’t remember where, GM Turn maybe? The Psionic class right now is super complicated, I wonder if it will even make it to Xanathar’s Guide. It’s really for players who want a lot more crunch.

1 Like

GM Turn, because he wants the elves to be psionic based, but he said he wasn’t going to use Unearthed Arcana like the Mystic because it wasn’t official. Now that it is, who knows?

Oh ok. Thanks I missed that, my bad. I remembered him mentioning psionic but didn’t remember mystic coming up.

Well it’s not official yet. They wanted to post these two classes to DMs Guild to get a larger playtest audience. Phase 2 will make these classes legal for Adventures League play, currently we’re in phase 1. Adam never said he would allow anything unless it was in a written book for a player but for an NPC I don’t see why he couldn’t.

1 Like

Artificer and Mystic are both on Dungeon Masters Guild because they still need a ton of work. Neither are going to be in Xanathar’s, so I don’t think Adam would allow them. After all he’s stated he only wants to use officially released content, and even then he doesn’t allow all the official content.

1 Like