itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

What's the best non-Rollplay piece of media you've consumed in 2016?

Locke and Key is absolutely fantastic!

Man, hard to say. David Bowie’s Blackstar probably wins out, but I also finally got back into reading some books like Gibson’s Neuromancer or McKinney’s Tattoo or O’Malley’s The Rook or the Scott Pilgrim series, which I finally got to borrow.

This might be recency bias since I haven’t finished it yet, but I’d say the novel Grass by Sheri Tepper. It grabbed me within 10 pages.

The anime movie “Kimi no Na wa” has blown my mind, the English title is “Your Name.” If you’re into drama, supernatural and romance, watch it without spoiling yourself.

1 Like

“Perdido Street Station” for me by China Mieville. Had never read any of his stuff before and I was blown away. Amazing descriptions , great story, and all around awesome book.

For me, it was the newest album from my favorite Canadian (sorry Adam): Transcendence, by the Devin Townsend Project.

I’m such a sucker for proggy metal and this album is (for me) a perfect experience of old school music enjoyment. As in. I get to curl up in my couch with a good pair of headphones, I can hear different things in the audio mix almost every time and I get to flick through the album booklet filled with commentary about the tracks, why a certain demo from the bonus disc didn’t make the final cut, and so on.

Can’t wait to catch the tour when they roll by my town in March!

Book: Seveneves by Neal Stephenson is great.

Movie: Dr. Strange made great use of IMAX 3D.

"TV": I think House of Cards edges Westworld by a bit, though the last episode of Game of Thrones saved the season for me.

Music: Metallica’s Hardwired is pretty solid.

Non-RollPlay webshow: I’ve enjoyed the tone and flow of Steven’s new Pendragon series.