itmeJP Community

What would you like Twitch to announce @ Twitchcon 2017?

twitch
twichcon

(Might be Captain Marvel) #1

I put this in the Dropped Frames category since they will eventually talk about any Twitchcon announcements.

What I would like to hear-

• First and foremost, I would some kind of effort from Twitch to provide reliable service. No buffering would be great so that I don't have to watch twitch in glorious 360p (or lower) so that I don't have a latency to broadcaster of over a minute.

• Categories to me would be a better way to organize twitch than communities (which I do not use). Maybe something like a Strategy Category with tags of Turn-based, Real-Time, Management etc..
    Sometimes I just feel like watching a certain type of game. So going to a category, and watching who is live playing strategy games would be nice or possible narrowing it down to Grand Strategy with a tag. Maybe have the list of tags on the side of the page?

• Updating the vod system. A search function would be welcome as well.

• A better Vod editor.

What would you like to hear?

(TheDesec) #2

Clips from VODs behind sub walls, as a sub. Didn't work a while back. Would be nice.

But that's a feature I want.... not something that I'd expect them to announce on a big stage...

(Olf_Himself) #3

I want them to separate Games and Communities from the Browse tab again.

(Drumurboy) #4

Easier way to browse VODs

More RPG categories outside DnD

stopping with the dozen or so half ass features and focus on a few actual features

Ways to earn bits outside straight up buying them, like if my amazon is attached to my twitch can I get some bits when I order something from prime? Might not be possible but would be cool

(Twitch: no742617000027) #5
  • The ability to customize the column on the left with the streamers you follow. I'm following a lot of people, but I only watch 4 or 5 regularly. When I go to twitch.com/directory, I see the top 5 streamers in that column, but not necessarilythe ones I want to see. So that would be nice.

• You guys already mentioned the VOD system and I agree, that needs work.

Other than that, I'm confident that the extension feature will bring a lot of cool stuff :>

(Might be Captain Marvel) #6

Oh yes please. that column on the left is weird so I just use the extension Live Now to navigate between followers or get information about the streams

(HellsCreso) #7

Integrating the bttv/ffz mod tools into the site itself