itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

The West Marches - Stevens' Resources

I’m reposting the Westmarches Resource list that Steven “silent0siris” Lumpkin wrote up on the subreddit. You can see the original web-cached version, with all the comments, here. I wanted to move it somewhere easier to find because there’s a lot of great resources and info! Thanks Steven!

Hey all! Some people have asked what resources I’m using for the sandbox game The West Marches, so here’s a list of all the blog posts, random generators, and supplements I’ve found most useful so far!

Blog Posts:

Random Tables:

PDFs:

General Tools:

Recommendations:

• Fill your head with the kind of fantasy you love. The kind that makes you go “YEAH THAT’S THE STUFF.”
  • Find sources of that from everywhere, and pick only the individual bits that you really enjoy- even single responses from a d100 table.
  • Mix and match, and you’re good to go.

And if you had to only read 5 things from the above to build a sandbox game of your own, here they are:

6 Likes

Nice one, this could easily have its own topic, like "Subreddit Content S&R: The West Marches - Stevens’ Resources"

1 Like

Indeed it should! This deserves a lot more attention but it should for sure also be linked from the other topic to here.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Just grabbed the lot.