itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

The 5E Random Character Generator

SPOILER WARNING: This post contains spoilers about Week 14 of Court of Swords, if you’re not caught up, beware!

So for those of you that are caught up, i'm sure we all saw the hilarity that was Day9 and Adam's creation of "Persidgetron Torbidger" the randomly rolled Gnome Ranger Day9 is now playing after Zawaz' untimely demise.

Inspired by Day9 and in an effort to learn some more basic PHP, I threw together this simple website that will randomly roll a Race, Class, Ability Scores, and Background for you.

I present - [The D&D 5E Randomizer](http://ehblog.ca/dnd/randomizer.php)

There is still a lot of work I want to do on it. In the end, i'd love to have it generate every possible thing you could have on a character. In the meantime though, I think it's a good starting point.
If you do decide to use it, there are 2 things to take note of:

1. If you roll a Half-Elf, the Ability Scores do not yet take the 2 other scores you can choose to increase into account.

2. The weights are a rough estimate, and need some tweaking.

Anywho, enjoy!
9 Likes

OK this is amazing! I’m officially running a oneshot for a few friends using this tool. :smiley:

1 Like

Ahaha that’s awesome! Glad to hear! Keep checking back, I am trying to add as much info as possible to it overtime. Glad you enjoy it!