itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Tales From The Yawning Portal

I don’t normally run premade adventures but I would definitely consider dropping in some of these dungeons into my homebrew.

I think it would be a ton of fun to see @AdamKoebel and @itmeJP run a One Shot with the Tomb of Horrors dungeon. We would get to see a high level game which we haven’t seen before and also see them run through one of the most iconic dungeons to ever be written.

Coming in April is WotC’s next official D&D product, Tales from the Yawning Portal. This hardcover book contains seven classic dungeons updated to 5th Edition, from adventures such as Against the Giants, Dead in Thay, Forge of Fury, Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, Sunless Citadel, Tomb of Horrors, and White Plume Mountain. This is set to be released in April.

You can find more info on it here.

1 Like

I wouldn’t get my hopes up

1 Like

Bah @AdamKoebel can’t be perfect he has to be wrong sometimes. :slight_smile: It’s not meant to be a typical game, it’s meant to be a super difficult dungeon that could kill you at any turn. Oh well I bet it would be great fun to see how far they could make it.

Yeah I believe Gary designed it for the first Origins con.

It’s so bad! Doesn’t mean it doesn’t have any charm or appeal. It’s just badly designed.

From the AD&D era? Oh, shit there are some good ones. Here’s my faves:

Against the Cult of the Reptile God
Scourge of the Slave Lords
Dwellers of the Forbidden City

but the best dungeon i’ve ever seen in my long life of delving has to be;

Caverns of Thracia

1 Like