itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Symmetra Changes

tl;dr:

• Will have a choice (toggle) between teleporter and a shield generator that gives shield to party (more than old ability)
  • Old shield (e ability) gone, turned in to "Photon Barrier" a moving barrier (like Reinhardt)
  • All 6 turrets can be placed instantly at start of match; longer range.
  • New control map "Oasis"
  • Everything coming to PTR "soon."

:itmejp10:

4 Likes

Are we allowed to say nice things about Kaplin here?

Cus im down if we are but i aint about to go breaking no unwritten social codes

Just because Kaplan’s dick is in our asses a lot, does not mean it’s not a nice dick!?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think you’re fine to say whatever you like, and if someone is offended, they’ll throw a fit!

I like the Symmetra changes, btw! *on topic, cough

Video, should maybe be in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elN-QGyToxM&t=90

I really really like the way they focus on Quality of life changes. A lot of playing sym was having to E ppl on CD when they die or place turrets on CD. Her primary fire feels great to use but instead you spend so much time doing tasks that feel like a chore and aren’t really interesting or fun.

I’ve always felt like symetra’s E was a leftover from an earlier build they forgot to change. It had a minimal noticeable effect for the user; it was a hassle to manage; and it punished you for doing things, good riddance to it.

It’s a bit strange to me that they have increased the range on locking on via her beam, I would have thought that increasing the range to break it would make more of a difference. I was hoping for a rework of her alt fire since it’s brainless to spam (use) or makes you feel impotent, but we can always hope.

I love playing Symmetra already so these changes might finally shut my teammates up for once! <3

We’ll see how it pans out! Love when they shake things up with a hero.

1 Like

The changes are definitely interesting, might get me to play Symmetra more.