itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

SWN Sector Generator

Yeah, once I get the translated site going I can give you the stage url. The world tags are just in bullets as is many of the other items on the site so there’s not a lot of context.

For example:

2 Likes

Hey Adam, the generator has just been modified to have more normal names for sectors, systems, and planets.

4 Likes

Orite Orite Orite

:smiley:

9 Likes

Just tested it, gave me 3 systems with the same name :smiley:

1 Like

Well… that’s not ideal. I’ll make it unique.

1 Like

Maybe THORG just means different things in varied alien languages!

5 Likes

Or perhaps it is an alien culture that uses one word for everything.

1 Like

So “oida” in Vienna, Austria.

1 Like

Of course! It depends on the actual pronunciation!

What sounds like: “Thorg thôrg, thòrg torg! Thork thòrg thorch.”
Is spelled like:       “Thorg thorg, thorg thorg! Thorg thorg thorg.”

It’s a romantic poem, by the way, :itmejpcute:

Now I hope Adam finds room for The Thorg in the new setting.

2 Likes

The Thorg are my favorite faction :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They’re just aliens called the Thorg, because it’s all they say, but they’re considered highly temperamental because they’re big on manners, and the incorrect pronunciation when addressing them can and has caused entire planetary assaults until they apologize by saying Thorg.

3 Likes

As a man raised by the Thorg let me tell you: You don’t Thorg a Thorg by his Thorg.

4 Likes

There are also two big factions among the Thorg, the Thorg, and the Thorg. One believes in the supreme deity, Thorg, the other worships Thorg, Thorg’s rival.

2 Likes

What have I done ಠ_ಠ

3 Likes

You gave us our Lord Thorg, creator of Thorg and all blessed Thorgs to live on Thorg, protector of The Thorg and guiding Thorg for every thorg Thorg.

You are essentially our thorg. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

At this point I hope for @asychronicity to add Thorg as an easter egg.

3 Likes

excuse me my son’s name is also thorg

5 Likes

Fyi, I think the planet names for the old gen are at the github site in text files: https://github.com/nhr/swn/tree/master/Includes

You can just paste the names from all the files into a random picking site like the one here:

Select Names Separated by Blank Space and start clicking.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was able to grab the existing names and added a few of my own in as well. They are all located here.

1 Like

I wanted to just make a random place name picker, so I whipped one up with all the names from the emichron site and the ones on the random tables in the free edition PDF.

Basically, go to the randomness tab, and type ctrl+r. This picks a random name from each name bank and then also a random name from those picked.

I think I screwed up the Klingon ones though (so I might just place actual Klingon places in there so the stuff generated doesn’t sound like a person gagging).

Here’s a LINK

1 Like