itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

[SWAN SONG & MIRRORSHADES] What Do You Want To Know?

I’m always looking for cool shit to poke around at when I’m putting the Patreon zine together ~ aside from the direct copy-pasta from my notebook, what kinds of things would y’all like to know about the GM side of those shows?

3 Likes

First thought is some sort of summary discussion of Pi as a central NPC, including conception, development (your evolving expectations and how they were/weren’t matched through the sessions), and as much story background as you care to share at this stage. Could be a Q&A format but a conscious flow seems simpler?

On the Mirrorshades side, perhaps your expectations for Japan versus what occurred? Any big preparations for that arc that went by the wayside? I guess that’s not much beyond copy-pasta … maybe an angle on how you approached incorporating your personal Japan experiences (and/or media consumption) into your preparation?

Likely a bit more involved than you’re looking for here, just storming.

3 Likes

Quite an esoteric request but I’d really like a copy of the up to date Asset/Faction Tracker - the copy I found from the Reddit is uber old- Onintza are still Libre, not Muerte! And no Highbeam Fleet! Again, not sure if it is posted elsewhere, but I would love to see a full list of your influences and maybe even the influences for each of the characters if they could remember.

You all did such a good job of building a realistic, robust universe I would really be interested to see your thought processes a bit more and maybe some tips for building a universe which feels authentic.

Is the World of Courts a planet in Sector Sigma Asgard, and is @Howard_the_Octopus going to crash land on it to become Persnidgetrons’ new best friend?

2 Likes

I know it isn’t strictly “Mirrorshades”, but I think I remember once you used Young Tiger for some non-Rollplay games. Any chance we can hear about those adventures like in a short story format or something?

2 Likes

Adam played through Shadowrun: Hong Kong as Yung Tyga. You can watch it on his youtube here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAmPx8nWedFWM3KUXc6xB7x3_SKPwX6Cu.

I don’t know of any other instances that Yung Tyga’s appeared

1 Like

Gracias Señor. Much appreciated as I was unaware of the video.

1 Like

Sorry I keep asking random questions about Mirrorshades. At the end of the show, Crusher gets one on one time with either an insect spirit or insect shaman in an elevator. Is it a safe assumption for us to believe that he was infected with an insect spirit?

Also, what was the inspiration for Dodger’s/Breakdown’s Dove Totem and what led to his transition to the Raven Totem? I have to admit the development floored me because Breakdown doesn’t seem like a malevolent person and personally I would have figured he went Eagle or Thunderbird before he went Raven.