itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Swan Song Ep.38 Railgun shot

So, as a relative newcomer to Rollplay, I was listening to the Swan Song MP3s, and I reached ep 38. Specifically the scene where Alpharius shoots his mag pistol. Hate to break it to you @iNcontroLTV , but railguns do make noise. So much so they sound like an actual gunshot. Basically because the gunshot is actually caused by the bullet reaching sonic speeds in the barrel, shortly followed by the bang caused by pressurized gases escaping the barrel at the same speed as the bullet.

Thankfully, they are conducting railgun tests so there is video evidence to support this.

It just struck me as funny listening to the whole thing because @AdamKoebel was right when he first described it as a gunshot.

3 Likes

@Kol_Saresk bringing out all the proof. Now that’s dedication :itmejpmlg:

1 Like

I’ve been nerding out over railguns for years when I first heard about them in that movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Eraser I think it was called. I was a kid so the concept blew my mind and I check out the testing videos every now and then.

So when I listened to it, I nerded out like Jesse did when @AdamKoebel mentioned Taris in BoP ep3, Dark Side ep2.

1 Like

Pretty sure all the YouTube railgun experts clarified this when it was uploaded. :itmejphappy:

2 Likes

Well that would have been before my time in experiencing Rollplay so pardon my opinion and reaction.

2 Likes

Don’t worry that wasn’t a dig at you, it was a dig at youtube comments!

1 Like