itmeJP Community

[suggestion] @cast tag

(TheDesec) #1

Board feature idea: @cast tag!
Like the @moderators tag (*poke*), a tag to alert multiple people at once.

If used in the Blades sub-board, it would alert John, Zeke, Anne, Geoff and Wheat.*
If used in the CoS sub-board, it would alert Adam, Dan, JP and Max and maybe the current guest.*
Have this setup for every current show. I think this would be a neat little gadget. Not sure if possible.

*= At least the ones amongst them that are on the board!

Flip side: Might be a little spammy if overused. Maybe limit to one alert per topic per time period!?

(Twitch: LiveSpace) #2

It exists. At the moment it's limited to only be used by moderators and above. Reason being since they're all in the same group. We could setup a group for each show what do the lead @moderators think?

(of many names, most of them Grumpy) #3

The only problem I think I have with it, is it may be able to be spammed

(Might be Captain Marvel) #4

Maybe ask the cast if they are OK with it?

(Twitch: LiveSpace) #5

While true. Using the @ tag for their regular names could also be spammed.
What we could do is limit it to admins and moderators. But that would sort of defeat the purpose.

Edit:
We do have these in effect so spamming wouldn't really be an issue. It also hasn't been an issue so far.

Max mentions per post
Maximum number of @name notifications anyone can use in a post.
Maximum number of users that may receive a notification if a group is mentioned (if threshold is met no notifications will be raised)
Maximum number of @name notifications a new user can use in a post.

(TheDesec) #6

Like @blades, @swords, @jazz? I'd dig that!

(Twitch: LiveSpace) #7

Sort of. No one from the Jazz cast is here yet. Right now only Blades and Swords (main cast) are here. Use @RollPlay... followed by Blades or CoS (no space) to mention them.
Going to write up a post where I go over the user and group mention function. It's better than just hoping that a mod/admin/cast member will see it randomly.