itmeJP Community

itmeJP Community

Speculation About Clerics and Paladins of the Court of Swords Universe

Hi there everyone. So with the awesome characters and npcs showing off the various gods and goddesses of The Arcana, I wanted to start a discussion on what flavor wise clerics and paladins of the Arcana would look like.

So far we have seen representatives of Temperance, The Devil, The Wheel of Fortune, The Sun, The Moon, and The Hierophant, as well as the king and queen acting in accordance with their worship of The Emperor and Empress.

I’m interested in seeing what everyone thinks the priests and paladins of the other Arcana would look and act like.
Personally, I feel it would be cool to see Paladins of the Lovers, Death, Strength, or The Tower. Plus clerics of Arcana like The Magician, The Star, or Judgement.

Now obviously these are all up to Adam in the end, however, I feel it could be kind of fun to see what ideas people come up with now that we’ve had some time in this interesting new world.

3 Likes

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the Paladins of the Tower, with its position as the “worst” of the Major Arcana. I see them as the kind of people you call in when you absolutely 100% need something to die or be destroyed.

1 Like

I would enjoy seeing clerics and paladins of the fool. Maybe they would not even be that class.

I could see “clerics” of the fool or the lovers being bards instead. Or “clerics” of the devil being seeker warlocks or theurgy wizards, although Adam said he is not allowing warlocks into the campaign so I think that’s out of question. I would also like to see how monks fit into the religion.

1 Like

I may have missed it somewhere, but did Adam ever say why Warlocks weren’t allowed?

1 Like

I imagine it’d have to do with the fact that a warlock would have to be indebted to the Mara, which would mean only the “villains” could be Warlocks.

1 Like

Same with the no Elves thing , I think at some point these might actually be options for the Players but Adam is building to something with both of them. Are the Elves apart of the Mara , are they separate to them, I’m really interested in how this pans out actually.

I haven’t listened past the team wipe(too many shows and still catching up on the Swan Song MP3 lol), but I’d imagine the elves would turn out to simply be a neutral third party who are being urged to attack the courts by a proxy of the Mara in a “You must kill them before they kill you” type of situtation. But that is a very broad guess with very little evidence to support it.

Im guessing neutral third party as well. spreading population encroaching into Elves domain type scenario . Looking forward to the reveal for the Elves, Adam nails that stuff .

Tbf, Adam nails pretty much everything.

1 Like